3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Please Delete-a correction  (Read 370 times)

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
Please Delete-a correction
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
After some consternation, the bow has arrived.  I am somewhat surprised that this thread still exists, being under the impression that it was deleted post haste.

Regardless- Andrew has filled his portion of the deal, I received the bow.  His name should be cleared.  In all likely hood I reacted too quickly, though there was a good deal of lag time.  

I apologize.  If anything, my name can now be muddied.  I am fair game.

I am honestly grateful for the good deal of concern that was shown by those here.  As always, you are all a class act, I can only hope to someday conform.  

Regards and please delete this thread.

Dan
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please Delete-a correction
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
What spec bow do you need for your son ?
U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that on a site where the vast majority seem to be amazing people!!  Hope it turns out to be something else......

How long have you been waiting??
&
What kind of bow did you make a deal on?
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
I see you said you would take the bow on July 7. That mean the earliest you probably sent the payment was July 8. It is now the July 17.

How and when did you send the payment? If you sent it parcel post he may just be getting the payment. I have had people send me payments for bows parcel post and haven't received the payment for 15 days.

He should stay in contact, but if he was hard to get in touch with selling the bow, you shouldn't expect any difference after the sale.

Hopefully he will come through.

I always send payment or bows USPS Priority and confirmed, so I can track the payment.

I buy and sell a lot of bows so don't get too worried yet. I would keep trying to contact him though.  

Good luck
Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.

Snakewood, it had to be 50# draw length (26"-27"), per state law.  This bow is 57#,  a JD Berry.  

Gil, The money cleared his account a week ago (paypal).  I am still holding out hope that he sent it immediately as he stated.  If so it should arrive very soon.   Just hoping for a positive outcome!  I will let everyone know how it turns out.  The Longest I have had someone go without contact is 4 days, and they were quite apologetic.  I was burned once a few years ago over on the other stick site, so there is still some sting there.  Tradgang has been nothing but good to me, even better then good, and I have full confidence that we will be, moving forward.   Thanks for the concern guys!  enjoy.

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
I hate to hear that elkbreath. Hopefully things turn around for you. Good luck buddy,rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
That is just not right.  Another example of the person sending the money first and taking a chance.  I like to send the item the same day as the money is sent.  And vice versa in kind.  I have had nothing but good experiences on these sites.  I hope it works out for you and your son.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
I believe you have recourse thru Paypal? I would contact them and find out if they can help?
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline gorillabows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
Elkbreath,

Makes me sick, cuz I know how hard it is to come by the money for a bow. I always have to sale one in order to get a different one. So I know your plight.

Hope it turns out for you.

Ive gotten ripped off once or twice and now I have a strict rule, that if the seller dees not take paypal, I don't buy it.

Ive missed out on some nice bows, and I'm sure they were good guys, but I just am not in the position to be out a couple hundred dollars.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Elkbreath, I'm sure you did this but his email is on his personal page...  did you try that instead of a PM?
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Dan I was hoping you did send it parcel post.

I would be concerned if I used Paypal and did not have any communication or bow.

At least with Paypal you can open a case and get them involved. If he can't prove he sent it you should get your money back. If he can prove he sent it and it is lost somewhere in the mail, you have to rely on insurance.

I have sent many bows and items to Tradgang members as soon as they say they definitely want it without payment and I have never had a problem.

Just recently I had a bow lost in UPS land. It was shipped on 6/25 and on 7/09 I opened a case with UPS. I did get the bow after opening the case.

I had an incident here buying something form a guy that is known as a good guy on Tradgang. It took 74 days to get it. If other Tradgang members didn't vouch for him I may have gone a road trip. Turns out he is a young man that is straying from archery and moving on into girls. I think we can all remember those days, so I gave him a lot of leave way. Ahh to be young again.

Good luck, I think it will work out since he was hard to get in touch with even at the beginning.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
We read threads often about how the traditional people are the most honest respectful group of people. I do not believe that. Our group is no different that any other segment of society. There is a guy on here who has ordered new bows and sometimes tells people selling used bows that he wants to buy them. He promises he will mail the money but never does. I do not know if he has ever received a bow or limbs and not paid for them but he lies about the check being in the mail and keeps the seller or bow maker waiting and waiting. He lies! He has recently done it to me, said the money order was lost in the mail but it was another lie. He has tried to sell his bow(s) on this site, I wonder if he makes the buyers wait to get the bow likes he makes the seller wait for his check or money order. Integrity is being degraded in our country. Too many people out for a free ride. I am not speaking of some type of confusion in communication, I am talking about not being honest.
John

Offline Jake Allen

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
You should be able to open a case thru Paypal and the money will be withdrawn from his bank account until the issue is resolved.
Drastic measure I know, but sometimes you have to make yourself heard.

I have only needed to do this once, but it did "reopen communications" that were closed off
to me.
TGMM Family of the Bow
NGT, TBG, SGTP & Compton's
Ye Olde Fartes & Sore Losers

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
Jake, yeah.  Im going to give him another day or so to get a hold of me before 'pulling the plug' so to speak.  cant help but hope.   Its a great bow, I think it would be perfect for what we wanted.  

:-)  the good will conquer.  This is merely a heads up.  By and large I have had an overwhelemingly positive expereince here.  I still am, even in sending this note I am hearing from folks who generally care.  Thats worth far more then the money I may have lost.  No need to give into fear.  this is merely a heads up in case the hall of shame needs to be updated, or people need to be aware.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
Any word on this transaction???

And Cherokee.....would you mail me the screen name or member number of the guy your are referring too?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
I sure hope everything works out well. I had a similar experience here once, but it worked out well. Some people are lousy communicators, and if they take their time shipping things out, it causes a lot of anxiety.
Ken Thornhill

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
I have recovered money through PayPal.  They were very easy to work with in my case.  This was a GPS I bought from a guy in canada and he pulled some cock-and-bull about not being able to send the unit.  I got my refund within a couple weeks.  Good luck.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I've had nothing but good transactions here over the years by doing the following:

If it's a longstanding member, I usually just do the deal without any worries. If it's someone newer or haven't seen many posts from the person, I look them up on white pages.com to see if they have a phone listing and physical address. If it's a bigger item, I want a phone number an talk with the person in person.  I also use paypal as much as I can, both incoming and outgoing.  I also use email to confirm every step of the process (when payment is receive or sent, confirmation number and when product is shipped or received).  

Good luck and hopefully you have a good outcome.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Troy D. Breeding

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
Had dealings with the fellow myself. At first he was stand up and to his word. Later things went south. Didn't loose any $$$$ dealing with him, but was stuck with several pairs of custom ground tapers that I will hopefully sell one day.

Troy
Troy D. Breeding
 www.WoodGallery295.net

Retirement ain't what it's cracked up to be.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
There are bad guys everywhere.......thanks to Terry and crew for monitoring the skofflaws...
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©