3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arizona ez-fletch jig  (Read 315 times)

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
arizona ez-fletch jig
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
does anyone have any comments good or bad on the arizona ez-fletch...especially input on the helical ?

Re: arizona ez-fletch jig
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
i have a couple of those, it doesnt have much hellical.
  it works if thats all you got...but.
  your better off spending your money on a desent jig.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
I like mine esp for throwing in a backpack for a weekend trip. Pretty easy to use, the helical twist is ok, not a ton but better than straight.    :D
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline darin putman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
ezy fletch is easy to install fletches consistantly the same time in time out. It is lacking on the helical, if you prefer a lot of twist definatly go to another jig.I have been tempted to buy a blitzenburg or jo jan myself as I have seen really good deals lately on that part of this site, I have a grayling which does a descent job I just have difficulty getting same set on all my shafts, MY fault not the jigs.But one day will have a couple blitzs or jojans Lord willing. I really enjoy making arrows my woodies are fine to hunt with kind of simple like me I guess, but one day maybe they'll be works of art like some of yalls. To get back to real question if you need a lot of helical better try another in my opinion,but it works fine for me, FOR NOW!!!
Osage selfbow and Surewood shafts

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
I have just got my first AZ EZFletch this year....yes the helical is milder than some but guess what....have not noticed any negative impact on arrow flight..they still spin and still fly true.

unless you build a bunch of arrows or do it for a business...I dont know how the EZ Fletch could not be the best deal out there in a no nonsense setup...
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Used them quite a bit. Works great. Made in America. Portable if you are invited to a Fletching party. Have known Archery Shops to use 6 on pegs, standing vertical for doing quantities of arrows.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
I do all my arrows in rt helical with the arizona fletching tool...I'm satisfied.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:10:00 AM »
My Dad bought one, he didn't like it. I tried to use it....I prefer a Bitz or a BPE. I don't think there is anything WRONG with it, it is just different than I am used to.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline NEB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
I have had one for probably 20 years.  I used to do all my practice and 3D arrows with them, and then made my hunting arrows with the Bitz because I could adjust the helical for better broadhead flight.  If you use glue, it is the best fletcher out there for the money because of the time savings it offers with three at a time.  However, with tape you can fletch with a normal single fletcher and ajdust the fletching how you want it and still do it faster than glue with the EZ Fletch. I never used one with tape, but I would guess that it would not work well, because the fletching slides a bit on most shafts before it locks into place.

Offline TRAD101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
I have had one for years and love it.as said it does not work well with tape but then I don't care for tape compared to glue anyway.I bought a blitz two years ago and did a dozen arrows with it and have not used it since. The only negative I could come up with for the ezfletch was a little more helical would be nice but for me not a neccessity.

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
I have an Ez Fletch and a Bitz. Prefer the Bitz by a wide margin.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I have an EZ Fletch that I've used for over 20 years. I love it and will continue to use it for the next 20 years, Lord willing.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
I had one and didn't like it one bit. I bought a Jo Jan Mono Fletcher. The Jo Jan is light years better than the Arizona EZ Fletch IMHO.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©