3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: knapped arrowheads  (Read 217 times)

Offline Derrick in Missouri

• Trad Bowhunter
knapped arrowheads
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
Anyone useing knapped heads they made themself for hunting whitetail im thinkin about giving it a try. Just think it would be awsome to take a big game animal with the same equipment that the natives used I already have primitive bow and arrows that i have made but yet to use knapped heads been using steel.

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: knapped arrowheads
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »
Welcome,

There are quite a few people here that get it done with primitive weapons of their making and im sure they will chime in.  Its my goal to take a deer with weapons of my making. I too have the bow and arrows for it but no head yet. I have flaked several pounds of flint and have not yet made a head to my liking.. I cant get them thin enough... One day i will get there
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Derrick in Missouri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »
I shot wheels from age of 6 till about 5 years ago then i met troy breeding when he had a wheel bow shop in missouri and got my first recurve from him fell in love with traditional. A hoyt gamemaster the wheels was gettin to easy so took the recurve challenge then made some recurves for myself and friends.I have taken 17 deer 3 turkeys a black bear in canada a gator in florida lost count on fish and small game all with trad tackel now looking for new challenge all primitive seems the road to take.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Here are some hand knapped arrow heads for hunting white tails... Obsidian arrow head to be precise.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »
try a search, you can find quite a bit about flint heads;

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=116212;p=1

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
Took up knapping a couple of years ago.  I get one good head out of twenty so I am still learning.  Shot a deer two years ago with one of my stone heads and it gave me a feeling of pride that I cannot explain.  I think my son was excited as I was.

This years new adventure includes using a self bow that I just finished up and using a stone head on an arrow that I made out of yellow burch and feathers from a turkey that I killed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©