3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Home made quiver w pics  (Read 391 times)

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
Home made quiver w pics
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Here is tube quiver I put together. Tube from Frank. Camo material from old camo clothes. Black leather from an old purse. Sowed with braided fishing line. Straps and buckles from wal-mart. Got two more tubes and supplies ready for the other two when I get time. Suggestions for improvements welcome.

Blessed be the Lord my strength; which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Home made quiver w pics
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
I like how that quiver turned out. I've been wanting to make one myself but I can't find a plastic tube that's light enough.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your tube?
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Nice work. I like that.  :thumbsup:

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by wood carver 2:
I like how that quiver turned out. I've been wanting to make one myself but I can't find a plastic tube that's light enough.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your tube?
Dave.
Thanks for kind words gentlemen.
I found the tubes from a Member here, Frank is his forum name. I think the thread is still in the classifieds, quiver section.
Blessed be the Lord my strength; which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
That looks great and above all very practical   :thumbsup:  

Only improvement i could think off would be a little sidepocket. This could be done by using an old trouser leg as the covering and arranging the trousers side pocket to sit on the top third of the quiver, perhaps.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
excellent <><
<----------------<<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Jim Dahlberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
John Strunk showed me how to make a "tube quiver" years ago.  He taught me to use the plastic tree cover tubes that you see protecting trees.  They are made of a "verigated" plastic (veins running up the length of the tube)  which makes the tube strong enough not to bend in the center but still flexible.  Check any forester's supply site and you can buy the stuff in 4' lengths and various diameters fairly cheaply.  Strongest and lightest plastic tubing you can find.

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Check out the local office max or staples for "document holders" they are light plastic tubes.

Offline White Falcon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Very nice!

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 09:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by saumensch:
That looks great and above all very practical    :thumbsup:    

Only improvement i could think off would be a little sidepocket. This could be done by using an old trouser leg as the covering and arranging the trousers side pocket to sit on the top third of the quiver, perhaps.
I thought of a pocket as well.  I may try to incorparate that into the next one.

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jim Dahlberg:
John Strunk showed me how to make a "tube quiver" years ago.  He taught me to use the plastic tree cover tubes that you see protecting trees.  They are made of a "verigated" plastic (veins running up the length of the tube)  which makes the tube strong enough not to bend in the center but still flexible.  Check any forester's supply site and you can buy the stuff in 4' lengths and various diameters fairly cheaply.  Strongest and lightest plastic tubing you can find.
Excellent idea!  Hadn't thought of that and I even work for the Division of Forestry. Doh!

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
I think you pretty much nailed it bro.  God Bless
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
from your pictures it appears that there is not much depth in the bottom between the opening and where your arrow heads rest.  I did the same thing when I built my first one and it made it easier for the arrows to fall out if they shifted and also they have a tendency to fall out of the hole when reloading the quiver if your pocket is not deep enough,  just food for thought. I had the next one made out of leather after I had worked the bugs out and it is about a three or four inch depth to the bottom from the opening.  This eliminated the aforementioned issues.  Good luck in all your endeavors,  your craftsmanship is very nice.

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
NICE Quiver  :archer:  You will enjoy this one  :archer2:

Offline sledge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
very, very nice.

i like my HH style backquiver, but i recognize it has drawbacks.

that's just flat excellent work.

the fact that you made it out of odds and ends only enhances my admiration.

use it up, wear it out.  make it do, or do without.

very well done, sir.

joe

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. I really appreciate it.
Fudd, on my first one, I made the bottom of the pocket to high. I haven't got this one out in the field yet and you are right, I may have indeed made it to low. In preliminary testing around the house I have had no trouble with the arrows coming out but September will tell the tale.

Offline swamper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I really like it

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Thanks Swamper!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Does it just have a leather bottom or is there something harder to keep the broadheads from cutting through the bottom.
James Kerr

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Nice job!  :thumbsup:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©