3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shipping containers  (Read 185 times)

Offline Ron Nepini

• Trad Bowhunter
Shipping containers
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
What are some of the best ways to ship longbows and other long items? with the cost of shipping these days i'm looking for some new ideas.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shipping containers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
If it's a one piece I go to the local carpet store. They wil give me all the tubes I want. Some of them are ridiculously heavy. Have neve had a problem.

For take downs, the flourist at  the grocery store has the boxes that the flowers come it. They look just like to boxes that new takedowns come in.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I use a 3" sewer drain pipe,not as heavy as schedule 40 PVC.And keep you package under 84" total,that is length plus girth.If over you will be hit with an oversize charge.The 3" pipe will fit most longbows and milder R/D longbows.The hybrids and other bows that are highly R/D won't usally fit in a 3" pipe.For those I look for a 4" pipe or carpet tube,bigger girth but usally a shorter bow so the total length will be under the 84" limit.I like to measure and weigh my packages before I get to the Post office so I know what to expect.USPS has a postage calculator right online.

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
3" pvc works great. The bow I shipped this year cost me about $20 in shipping plus the cost of the pvc. I  also wrapped the bow in news paper and stuffed in some extra news paper for padding. you can also use some good tape and a strap of nylon to tape on a great handle in the center.This method works good also for traveling on an airplane or a waterproof case for hunting.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©