3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ILF suppliers ?  (Read 220 times)

Offline Bow50

• Trad Bowhunter
ILF suppliers ?
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
It looks like I picked a bad time to try an ILF bow. Lan...... is out of stock of just about everything manufactured by Hoyt and Samick. I placed a small order a few days ago, salesman on phone said that all the manufacturers are busy with olympics right now.
I got a good deal on a Excel riser and some Hoyt Fx limbs (used) but don't have a clue about adjusting limb weight or plunger button. Can anybody reccomend a good book or video on tuning an ILF set up ?

Thanks

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ILF suppliers ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »
sent you a pm
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bow50:
, salesman on phone said that all the manufacturers are busy with olympics right now.
Thanks
I would think that is just a line of bs.  I would hope that all the olympic shooters already had their gear since the games start this week!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
There has been a renewed interest in Archery since the movie Hunger Games came out. I have heard that a lot bows are being sold and that plus interest in the sport at the Olympics could be the cause......the good thing is even thought you can't get what you want right now, getting more folks interested is a good thing!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bow50

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
I do agree with you on that Ron, new interest in our sport helps us all.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
With the limbs off crank out your bolt counting the number of turns out so that you have a safe margin of bolt still in the riser or call Lan.... and ask them the max turns out. Then crank them in and back both bolts off either none, 1/2 or full depending on what you want your weight to be approx. Install limbs, set brace height with string turns. Using a bow square set the tiller by backing the top bolt off enough turns to give you 1/8" more than the measurement on the bottom limb measured where the limb meets the riser if you are shooting split finger. For 3 under most have them equal. Shoot the bow and make any adjustments you feel you need to make to get it shooting quiet.

I don't own a button but most suggest using the strongest spring and turn it out until you can see the arrow point on the left side of the string for a right hander. Then just bare shaft tune the arrow with the button adjusting it in and out to get good arrow flight.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Bow50

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Is it normal that the riser stop on the tiller bolt doesn.t screw in flush with the riser on bottom limb and the top limb bolt does ?
Thanks

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Have you loosened your set screws on your limb bolts?

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by shadman:
Have you loosened your set screws on your limb bolts?
Now THAT'S a good point.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©