3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another New String Material Offering  (Read 311 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Another New String Material Offering
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
By customer request, I'm now offering "Angel Majesty" bowstring material in black and white (more colors added if there is a demand for it).

This is what the company has to say about it.

"Majesty" is processed by thermally bonding resin to the material. Angel is the first in the world to use this process thus creating a string material that is incredibly light. Each strand of "Majesty" is united more firm than ever making it stronger than other strings.
I'm only offering this material in  endless/continuous loop strings--that's what it was developed for.

Chad

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another New String Material Offering
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
It's a good material,I use it for a couple of ILF bows,I make them an endless loop.I even made an endless loop for  a Harrison HSS I had,it was as quiet as my flemish strings with a pair of cat whiskers.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
I like angel majesty alot.  most likly wont go back to other materials
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
I really need to get or make an endless loop jig and learn the dance!

Good luck...let me know what you think about it.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Josh, if you think you'll have much interest in them I'd bite the bullet and get a good jig.  I have the Yellowstone endless jig bought through BCY.  

I had a one-armed homemade jig, and it was ok for a while, but when I started getting lots of endless orders I had to get something more durable that was faster.  The wooden jig I had just wasn't holding up.

Making them isn't that hard.  Like flemish, it just takes practice and getting familiar with the characteristics of different materials.  Sales seem to go in waves--lately I've had a ton of endless orders.

I know a good video where Rod Jenkins gives a great tutorial on making endless strings....  :D

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by LBR:
I know a good video where Rod Jenkins gives a great tutorial on making endless strings....   :D  
Something tells me you're not kidding!    :biglaugh:  

I'm going to look into it.

Thanks,

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Don't know much on string materials, but I like endless loop strings.  Just don't shoot them much.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
its kinda cool, you put the string on and fire it like 10+ timesto settle the material, then take a piece of leather and rub it on the strings. Its has some plastic material in it that melts and coats the string making it kinda feel like a wire and makes it so you never have to wax it.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
There's nothing else on the market like it.  I'm anxious to tinker with it some more.  The rosin covering each strand is what makes it unique (and expensive--shew!)--seems to be very popular with target shooters.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
ya, I had a guy recommand it to me and he has won IBO worlds a few times and said many olympic shooters also use it. If its good for them then there must be something to it. Like the overall thickness of the ones im using now as well, feel better then the skinny strings I had as well.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Chad,

What about it makes it not suitable for flemish?

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
I haven't tried it in a flemish, it's just recommended for endless.  Might have something to do with the rosin.  I'm liable to try it in a flemish anyhow, just to see.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
I believe I am the customer that has asked Chad to make them. Angel Majesty strings are very difficult to find unless you are willing to order from Japan or are willing to make on your own. Majesty is all that I am using string and serving wise on my FF compatible recurves these days.

One of the main reasons that I like the material so much is that the material does not flatten, it has excellent shape stability and repeated arrow nocking will not affect the serving or string shape (will not flatten out) which will keep arrow nock to serving contact consistent over the entire life of the string. The string also has been resin bonded thermally and does not require waxing (string weight remains consistent over the entire life).

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
Bob,

Have you had to replace an Angel Majesty string yet?  If so, how many shots did you get on it?  Is the tensile strength, elongation, and creep similar to what we have been using in the other FF materials like D97 or D10?  I like the idea of the shape stability.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
I really like the serving.  The string material didn't seem all that special other than being very expensive.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
I think you'll find Angel Majesty fairly similar to DF97 (strength, stretch), Chad would know better. However there are some differences as well. After the string settles in, it can be sort of "burnished" into almost a single strand with a piece of leather, which is rather unique.

I can shoot one for a year comfortably on my target bows. I figure I get about 18,000 shot/year on them. On my hunting recurves, it depends on how much brush I drag them through. :-)

But there are two types of material that Angel sells the Majesty and Dyneema. Dyneema is basically DF97 and has the same fraying characteristics (too much maintenance for me if you use the string blur).

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Thanks Bob,  I still have plenty of other FF material I haven't used up yet but it's nice to know what's on the forefront.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Yep--Bob is the reason I bought it.  I hadn't found a lot of info. on it, other than it was a preferred material of some serious target archers.  What little I found on message boards was contradictory (surprise, surprise) and from sources I didn't know well enough to trust.  I do trust Bob's opinions and experiences.

The Angel Majesty is SK65 Dyneema, as opposed to Dynaflight '97 and 8125G being SK75, and 8190 being SK90.  SK65 is what original FF was, and that made me leery.  However, this stuff isn't like original FF--doesn't seem to have anywhere near the stretch or creep.  The rosin coating is a cool concept, but does add a lot to the cost.

So far, so good.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
Chad is regular Angel Dyneema (not Majesty) also SK65 but uncoated? I have also tried this material, but will stay clear. From what I can see it also seems rather expensive.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
I haven't found anything to say for sure, but my best guess is yes.  I found a dealer for the strings, if I can remember I'll ask them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©