3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buying gear for young kids...question to Moms and Dads  (Read 336 times)

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buying gear for young kids...question to Moms and Dads
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
I have three daughters to outfit and to answer the question honestly I would say No, I cant afford to buy those type of novelty items for my girls. They have "hand me down" equipment. If and when they get really involved in archery I will buy them quality, functional equipment but in my humble opinion a fur quiver just doesnt make sense.
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Online darin putman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
I don't mind buying something they can pass down and spending a little extra for,as long as they take care of it. I have four kids,daughter 13,son 11, son  6, son 3, they all love to shoot bows. I have tried to get equipment such as they can grow with works out good with bows as they grow they pull back further and harder, equipment they tend to fuss and fight about what is who's but they use anything they can get, used to it in a bigger household as they have to share.
Osage selfbow and Surewood shafts

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Since I'm a retired grandpa and trying to outfit 5 grandchildren with bows, arrows, quiver, gloves, etc. I buy used everything when I can. I find kids don't really care about fancy quivers so your market is a dad with enough disposable income to buy something like that will be mainly for his benefit, not the kid's.

So no I wouldn't buy anything like that.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©