3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Curly Maple Widows  (Read 124 times)

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Curly Maple Widows
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Lately I am really liking dark stained Curly Maple bows. Mostly because of some of the pics of some of the Baba Bows made with Curly Maple. Anyway has anyone had a BW made using Curly Maple? Not sure how a BW riser would look, but the limbs should look really nice.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Curly Maple Widows
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
I had two made with curly maple limbs. One stained and one unstained. I was looking to sell the stained limbs as I wanted something shorter, but no bites. I'm guessing it isn't a really popular wood with the widow crowd. I'll get some pics for you in a bit...Mike

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »

Unstained curly maple, Pau Ferro riser

Stained curly maple, zircote riser

I'll have to get another pic of the stained limbs like the other.  Just because I have pics of all my Widows like that...Mike

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
Mooseman, thanks for the pics, really like to see those stained limbs also,
Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »

Here is two more pics of the stained maple limbs.  I asked BW to give them a light stain so they would have some contrast to the Zircote, but still be a bit darker than the unstained...Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©