3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Temper Tantrum  (Read 550 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Temper Tantrum
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
What a jerk.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Very sad. Unfortunately if you had said something she probably would have faced worse in private. He will get what he has coming someday. Amen to the couples that shoot together and enjoy just flinging arrows.

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Hope she does it again.... Only with a blunt , and between his eyes.... Oooops, didn't me to advocate violence... I'm  sure with his attitude he has been handing out for years to her. My wife's ex was one of those guys... How sad. I guess there Mommies didn't play with them enough growing up.
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
If you would of said something he probably have started an arguement, and you know what they say about arguing with an idiot. Some people will never get it.

When my wife shot she use to bring home the trophies not me lol. I loved it could not have been more proud.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rick Richard:
She will eventually wise up and dump his sorry a$$ like she should do.
Sad thing is she probably is used to being treated like that.  If you had said something about it there is a better than even chance that she would have defended him.  I've dealt with that...
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
He must be a member of the family I saw in a cartoon, the Ass family. One was named Wise, one was named Smart. He must be the one named Dumb.

He ought to congratulate her on a fine shot and be very thankful she has been willing to share this sport with him. Maybe she needs to find somebody a little more deserving to shoot with.
Sam

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Well, I'm late as usual and everything has already been said! I would give anything in the world to have a wife that would be beside me to enjoy flining arrows together, and you can bet if she robin hooded one of mine, it would go on the wall as a trophy!!!
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
I feel for her,hopefully she will wise up and realize there are better men out there.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Dang i didnt realize i was being watched.....

Nah, on a serious note my GF busted my nock today...On purpose...i found it hysterical!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
I probably would had conrtulated her and asked if she could do it agian for a camera.  Of course she have said she could never do iit again. Thenwinked at the jerk

Or offered to pay for the arrows.  Just to show him that it was an acident
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
I work in an airport and see this kind of crap often, mostly between parents and kids. , we often let it go, but when it is abusive i step in and get everyone's attention some place else with humor.  The other passenngers tell us thanks.  They wanted to to do something but couldnot.  That wink i posted often makes jerks just slouch out as they find out othets are watching with interest.  Nobody deserves to be treatec with such disrespect
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
That would be a whole lot better than the countless bouts of poison oak I've gotten from hunting down my wifes arrows. I gotta admit I've might of thrown a tantrum or two before diving into a see of poison oak or Black Berry bushes for the 20th time before 10 am
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline DWilhelm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 06:16:00 AM »
Just think how good of a shot she could be if she had a little positive reinforcement once in a while!

Like someone else said, I would love it if I could just get my wife to pick up a bow let alone shoot like that.

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
If you a guy gets that worked up about a broken arrow, he obviously needs to start buying cheaper arrows...or maybe just grow up a bit. Sheesh.

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
It astounds me, the lack of respect shown to a woman that obviously is still there, in spite of years of dealing with his bull----, sharing the ever sacred shooting of the arrow, an act beyond words, and to be standing along side that horse's patoot??  Itty Bitty Bitter Baby Boy, sho can't call that dude a man.  Not by my definition anyway.  Unfortunately, sometimes we need a little reminder how NOT to treat another human being, so we don't forget.  Life is full of contrasts and sometimes you get to see the stupid acts of others.  Me, when my wife shoots with me,I tell her how good she's doing and if she were to bust one of my arrows, I'd have the freegin' thing BRONZED!

Seems like most of us trad folks hold ourselves to a higher standard.  Not to be elitist, just stating a fact.  

"Be good to others"--George Carlin, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Poor woman.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Good for her. I hope she busts up a dozen more of his arrows this year.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
VERY SAD indeed    I must have missed that I was by the practice course around that time.    Like was mentioned   when you have a spouse that takes in interest and will participate in one of your life passions its the greatest. WHY in the hell wold you ruin it with something like that .  Sounds like a creep that would   act that way on anything .
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the marital advise , but after 28 years we know each other pretty well. But the fact is she could care less and can and will draw and shoot without ever breaking stride in talking and laughing with others in the group. She's there strictly for the social aspect. As for me.
 I'm there just to make sure she has the arrows to make it through until the end of the day, or at least until she runs out of breath.

(Just think how good of a shot she could be if she had a little positive reinforcement once in a while!)
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
I started to walk up and tell her that was a great shot, but figured it would just make it worse for her in private. Allen I didnt stay long after this happened, weather,no power, my elbow just bummed me out, and this is my favorite shoot, God willing and elbow surgery success I will be back next year
John 3:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©