3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sick of the heat!!  (Read 327 times)

Offline Turkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Sick of the heat!!
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
As I write this post at 6:55pm it is still 101deg. The heat here in AR the past 2 summers has been something else. Im blessed with an indoor job, but the down side to that is I cant take the heat anymore. Im hoping some of my western friends will post some pics of the cool high up country to help me get through. I miss the days when I lived in Colorado and could actually enjoy the outdoors in the summer.
J.K. Traditions Kanati 56" 52#@27"

Offline mountain lion

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sick of the heat!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
I feel ya man, it's hot up here to. I have to work in this stuff everyday,  worst yet im a welder so it feels even more hot. So as soon as I get home, will im still some what used to the heat I get my bow and shoot for a little bit before I go relax in the ac. I hope we have a normal winter and I wish the cool air would hurry and get here. Stay cool my friend!
Wild Horse Creek  kestrel 60" 56#@28
Black Widow KB X 58" 51@28"
Black Widow PSA lll 60" 52@28"

" Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
I work out in the heat everyday and while you have to be careful, I don't mind it. Don't really consider it hot till it's over 100 deg.
Just part of it. Rather have that then the miserable wet and cold we work in sometimes
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
We finally had a T storm move through yesterday and everything cooled off quite a bit. First day all a/c units have been off.
Best time of year is coming! Fall !
I was just talking about when I elk hunted Durango Co. years ago. At 10,000 feet it was 80-90 degrees the week I got there. The hunting was dead as a doornail. Finally took a cow on the last day near a waterhole. The following week temps plummeted and bulls were bugling all over....figures.
David M. Conroy

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
Yeah I feel for you.  I spent a week around the 4th of July near Mountain Home AR.  I don't think the temps were less than 100  as a high the whole week.  Some days were 106!   I was never more happy to get home than after that week.  

The flip side is our winters are brutal, and you guys are still mowing your green lawn.    :)     I goess it works out in the end.

Offline jmrsyrs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Definately been a long hot summer. Come on Oct.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Yeah, it's definitely tick and chigger hatching weather.

Come on frost!!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
I feel you Turk.  I'm in Conway chasing a masters degree.  If I want to enjoy outside I get to drive out of town just to get away from folks and then can only spend enough time to run out of water before coming home.  I wish I'd be done with school and be able to get a place in the country where I could at least step out back for a few minutes every now and then.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline sledge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
she's sure enough hot.

hard to tell colorado from texas this summer.

i get up at 4:30, do my Bible study, drink my coffee, and get out with the dogs at pink light for a couple, three hours, chasing hogs, coons, and rabbits.

pretty lazy after that.

retirement does not suck.

joe

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
100 and holy crap it's hot ..... Praying to the Fire Gods that he does not bless us with one tonight....  I want everyone in Dallas to have a safe no house fire night... It's just too dang hot for bunker gear and airpacks. Can't wait till I can say " retirement does not suck "   Tu Compadres , Sutty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline Atennishu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
It was a mere 109 here today in Oklahoma,  don't stand on the sidewalk very long or your shoes will melt.
Boomer Sooner

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
OK, here you go. Was camping this weekend in my elk area. The first pic was this morning, as I was scouting a likely area. At first light this morning, I heard a lone elk bugle from the vicinity of where this pic was taken, but I never saw him.

This is a drainage that is another likely area to find an elk in September. I caught a few fish here yesterday.

This little stream was productive for rainbows and browns over the last few days, but what I enjoyed even more was the fresh elk sign that was along the creek.

The  weather in these locations was in the 70s for the last few days, but when we came back to town, it was back to the 90s. Oh well, we will be back on the mountain in a few days.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Yep, also what it does to plants really gets to me.  Last year was so bad for us - over 60 days of 100+ (actually a lot better this year), that I'd say almost 1 out of 4 trees died in some places, and even watering I had dead stuff and a brown yard.   I hated seeing some beautiful 100 year old oaks cashing in their chips.  Even the stuff that made it has dead areas and is not healthy.  Can't imagine what the deer think about it.    :scared:  

Did shoot my bow yesterday morning in the shade - just knew I was gonna be a sweaty mess for most of the day.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Centaur, Really ? Showing those picture on this thread should be a crime  :)   looks like Fiddlers Green to me... Scouts Out, Sutty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Be sure to drink plenty of water!
Sam

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
ya! i pretty much hate summer anymore,!

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I much prefer the cold of winter to these unusually hot temps of summer we've had the past few years.  At least in winter I can put on more clothes. In the summer I can only take off  so much before I become indecently exposed.  :scared:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Tulsa was 110 today and it's supposed to go to 111 tomorrow.    We generally have two seasons....freezin' and fryin' and there is very little in between the two.

Damndest place I have ever lived.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
"The hotter it is the better I like it." It is a cliche that old ladies around here say a lot. Not so much lately, apparently there is a tipping point where it gets too hot even for old Dutch women.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm praying for those cool October Mornings in a tree stand to get here soon...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©