3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4 weeks plus till deer season opens and I am ready! How many of you guys are excited?  (Read 294 times)

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Been shooting broadheads for a month now, deer season here in KY opens 9-1-12, am stoked. Wife and I are heading out 9-13 to hunters point to bear hunt with them, first time bear hunting for us both! Last night about 7pm, drove a  couple of targets and my bow over to a stand in my back field, climbed up into it after sitting targets out at 18 and 24 yds, stuck a leaf in each one about 4x3", shot 2 shots at 18 and 3 at 24, with broadheads. Every shot was in or touching the leaves. Feel like I am ready as I have ever been. Was shooting Ace stds., 160 with screw in inserts, and magnus with screw in insets at 150, totatl arrow weight about 550 grains, 49# Quinn Stallion. This was shooting cold, no warm ups or practice shots. How many of you guys are getting fired up?!!
samuel koger

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
It's over 100deg with a drought here in Kansas, "fired up" is not an expression we are using much...

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sam,
Eager as always for another season to get here, but at the same time dreading the heat during the first month. Opens for us the last weekend in Sept here in TN. Sorta wished we opened like our sister AL on Oct 15th or so. Always torn on whether to stay home for the first two weeks or get out there with the rest of them and roast !

Congrats on your state of readiness, sounds like the critters are in for it !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Counting down.  Sept. 1 here also.  Got three cams to check today.  I can hardly sit still.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I would much rather be in the deer stand sweating than sittin on the couch in the A/C wishing I was huntin.  Oct 1 come on!

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
Can't wait for my first trad deer! Looking good along the platte here in CO, rivers real low and It's DRY but if you've got water you've got deer.
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
A little over 2 weeks to go here for the 8/15 opener. Hope it cools off a little.
Paul, canceled Ks this year because of the drought the last 2 years.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline arsurveyor

• Trad Bowhunter
Our state opener is 9/15, but I'm heading up to Idaho on 8/30.....can hardly stand the wait.

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
NC season comes in the 2nd weekend in September and Virginia season starts the first of October.  I'm like you, Samuel - can't wait.!

Oh, I forgot, the county that I live in Virginia (Roanoke) was added to Urban Archery list this year.  So slickheads are fair game starting Sept. 1 in VA as well  ;) !

Looking at trying some MFX's with Simmons Tree Sharks and Centaur Battle Axes to see how they perform.  Got the funny feeling that if I do my part, these arrow/broadhead combinations will fold 'em up!
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i just came back from denton hill and now my excitement is over the top!!!

Offline Shot

• Trad Bowhunter
Super excited. Southern California season opens 9/1. I went scouting sunday, saw 3 nice pacific hybrid bucks, one was a very respectable 3x2.

Opening day can't come soon enough.

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
Our season opens here on Sept.15 in Wis. I purchased a Robertson Tribal Styk from another tradganger and ya i guess you could say i'm jacked for the opener. This is a sweet bow, fast,quiet, smooth and shoots where ya look. Good luck to all you guys and gals this season.
  :archer2:
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline TRADSTYK

• Trad Bowhunter
Our season in Ohio begins the 29 of september,I have been shooting broadheads since the first of may! It cant get here soon enough.

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Can't wait,9/1/12 come on!!!!!!  :archer:

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
Season opened this past Saturday in South Florida- it was 94 by noon, but bearable at daylight. There were two crossbows, 4 compounds, and myself with a recurve in camp shooting targets on Friday eve. Needless to say I was taking some ribbing, lots of 30 yard shots- speed talk- and mechanical heads all around me!
We all got up at 4:30, drank coffee and headed to our stands. All I know is the recurve had a doe down within sight by 6:55 am.... Thought I was gonna hafts fight the bear that showed up five minutes later- but he either smelled me or didn't smell the blood cause he just ambled by within 50 yds of the dead deer- great pics but I can't post from phone.
Yeah it's hot, but the season is open!

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm ready to go..looks to be the best crop of deer around here in several years.With the amount of damage they have done around here this Summer,I'm looking to get a little revenge.lol

Marty,way to show them boys how to do it..Congrats!!
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Mark, good to hear from you, how is the foot doing? I saw 4 nice bucks in  soybean field getting ready to cross the road on my way into work yesterday morning, heading to bedding area. Was suprised to see them still out that late, in daylight, with the moon getting fuller.
samuel koger

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Sam,been getting along just fine.Been shooting the heck out of Gar & catching smallmouth...Looking forward to climbing a tree.
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline jwhitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
Getting ready for my first trad hunt... I'm really stoked, still messing around with a new bow but its shooting broadheads where I want them so I think I'm getting close!
Good luck all.
JW
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Offline TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
Been excited since the season ended last year. Now, I hear acorns falling like rain already...last year we had none at all. Not quite ready, but very excited.
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©