3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elk Questions (For the guides mostly)IV  (Read 143 times)

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk Questions (For the guides mostly)IV
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
I am six weeks away from leaving for WY. My wife is going to accompany me as a non-hunter. I am sure she will stay in camp some days but other days she might want to come out with me. Have any of you done this ? I will take all advice given. She didn't grow up with horses, like I did, I have her riding weekly. She is in good shape, cardio three-four days a week. She has good boots and she is tough (She puts up with me).  I am trying to think of the obvious things, so fill me in with your experiences if you can. Bow is shooting great. Thank you Jerry at Great Northern. BH's are sharp, I don't have any hair left on my left arm. I'm ready. Thanks Guys.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk Questions (For the guides mostly)IV
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Make sure she is warm, dry and hydrated.  Don't push her too hard on the days she is with you.  If she likes to read, have her take a few books along - camping is a great venue to read in.  Have her take the camera so she can hunt her own stuff.  Have fun, for many of us it would be a dream trip to have your life's partner along.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
When I was guiding it went a long way doing something, (even a small gesture) that let her know she was welcome and special.

Its really easy to forget about those who are not in the "middle of things" on a hunt or on a multi-day back country trip.
 Before you leave tuck away a book you know she would love as a gift later during the hunt, or some other nice thing that lets her know you appreciate her going along with your dream. Be sure to wrap it nice!
 I'd even hide away her favorite cookies as a surprise ...

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Online durp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
along with the above dont forget that she had a day full of adventure too...wehter with you or on her own...so dont plan on having all the say cuz she'll want to talk about her day too...make time for it no matter what...u know what they say HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by durp:
along with the above dont forget that she had a day full of adventure too...wehter with you or on her own...so dont plan on having all the say cuz she'll want to talk about her day too...make time for it no matter what...u know what they say HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!
Very good advice right there.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Thank you Guys. I am working on getting her some clothes condusive to the occasion.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©