3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String Serving Size  (Read 250 times)

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
String Serving Size
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
I am using 18 strands of 452x and shooting standard gold tip knocks. Does anyone know what the correct serving size is for that setup?

Currently I am  using a diamondback serving that measures about .012" with my calipers, and I am having to add extra string material under the serving to get it to the correct size.

At $20 a spool I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of different ones to test it... Thanks
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Serving Size
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
What is the diameter of your string before you serve it? Measure it with your calipers,I can give you my experience info.Does diamondback serving come in a .012 diameter,thats pretty small.I thought diamondback serving comes in a .018,.022,.026 and .030.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Serving Size
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
Depends on how you like it to fit...I'd  probably go .021 62XS.  If it's a tad loose, you can run the tag end of the serving the full length of the serving to build it up.

To use up what you have, just put a wrap or two of dental floss at the nock point.  Get the fit you want, add a small dab of super glue, it should last as long as the string.  Easy fix.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©