3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Of Bows and Arrows  (Read 285 times)

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Of Bows and Arrows
« on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

As I near my 62nd year on this earth I am reliving this fabulous journey of my life. My brother and I started hunting with traditional equipment in our early teens and even though there were a few years of lapses, we have solely hunted with traditional equipment for the majority of that time. As we all know who love this sport or lifestyle, it feeds our souls. I am blessed with a great job which gives me the time off to pursue it and a wonderful understanding wife who supports me in it.

Over the years I have went from longbows to recurves and back to longbows. I love both, but shoot the longbow better, so that is why my rack only has longbows on it now. They are works of bowyer art and a pleasure to shoot. I think my favorite is my Big Jim Buffalo Bow, but I treasure them all.

As for arrows I have always loved woodies, but I have some of the Grizzly Stick Woodies that I acquired and I am preferring them now. I wish they still made them. They fly so well out of my bows. I have a couple of dozen and if any come up for sale I will buy them. LOL I prefer banana fletching because of the way they fly. I know some people do not like them, but for me I love them. And who could not love a beautifully back quiver or arm guard.

I have hunted deer, squirrels, rabbits, hogs, javies, turkeys, axis deer, caribou, and black buck over the years with my bows and have had success and disappointment, but no regrets really. There is nothing better than to be afield with a bow in your hand enjoying Gods creation.

My bucket list include caribou again and moose as well as Africa. Hopefully I can achieve them all before the good Lord takes me home. Happy Hunting to all.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Of Bows and Arrows
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
For those who want to know, the rack consists of

Charlie Lamb Sunbear
Tall Tines
Crow Creek Crow Mag
Cari-bow Silver Fox
Shaffer Silver Tip
Big Jim Buffalo Bow
Crow Creek Blackfeather
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
That is a fine collection of bows you have there sir. I wish you the best in your pursuit of the bucket list.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
ttt

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Nice looking collection!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
All beauties!!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Thanks guys

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
You are so true: Trad hunting feeds your soul!
I feel my brothers' presence every single day and for that I am thankful

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©