3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Micro diameter arrows?  (Read 493 times)

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
Micro diameter arrows?
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
I work in an archery ahop and I hardly get trad guys to talk to. The newest craze for wheelie shooters is micro diameter arrows with deep six threads like the easton injections. I was wondering if anyone on here uses these skinny shafts.
A superior pilot uses superior judgment to keep from using his superior skills.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Micro diameter arrows?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
I haven't tried out the new Easton Injexion's that use the smaller Deep Six componets with the 6/32" threads.It's still kind of new and not many componets available.Would have to be the right setup and bow.I do shoot some of the old Carbon One 730 in a 32# target bow.They are a micro diameter,but I just use target nibb's and a G-nock's.

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
How many grains/inch are these arrows? Skinny is fine to a point, but if they start getting lightweight, then not good. I and many (maybe most?)traditional hunter-archers work hard to get our total arrow weight up as high as we can while still having a well balanced arrow.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:12:00 AM »
I think the Easton Axis is a great skinny shaft and it allows unlimited choice in points/inserts.  Traditional guys like the ability to choose their point/weight combinations and I think the Easton Injections are not going to take off in traditional market until aftermarket brass inserts and broadhead adapters come availible.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
I would try them if the insert was a different thread as I would like to use other broadheads options so I think Easton is missing the boat for guys that dont want to be tied down to those selective broadheads but I did hear that VAP outer inserts would work on them but at a costly price for the inserts alone...Im going to try the VAP line if I could find a 1/2 dz to buy and not the full dz. I shoot the Axis/Bemans every since they first came out and the are great shafts but I wouldnt hestitate to try something new if they turn out to work good for ME..thats why I switch to carbons 20years ago..wasnt happy with the wood shafts
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by creekwood:
How many grains/inch are these arrows? Skinny is fine to a point, but if they start getting lightweight, then not good. I and many (maybe most?)traditional hunter-archers work hard to get our total arrow weight up as high as we can while still having a well balanced arrow.
the .330 spine ones are 10.1gpi, not really all that light, as the other guy said, until there are some brass inserts and some broadhead adapters that will work with trad style heads, these arrows probably won't fit our hunting needs but might make an excellet 3d arrow but that's about it.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
The Easton Injexion are real skinny shafts,they use the Easton Deep Six componets with is a stainless steel HIT insert with 6/32" threads which the standardmost inserts is 8/32".They use a G-nock without using a bushing,they just press in.Thats a real small diameter.Points and broadheads are specific for them because of the 6/32" thread size.I think the heaviest is 100 gr. point and broadhead available for them now.

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by creekwood:
they are 10.1 GPI! they also have a broadhead made by NAP that is pretty much a woodsman that would work really well

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
There are also outserts for them... they will take any 5/16 bh

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
I was just last night pondering getting six of the FMJ in 250 spine to put 400 grains up front.   those are 17.1 gpi, which will screw with foc a bit BUT 40% of the weight would still be in the head.  

Honestly, for me, if you could find a .250 spine that was lighter in weight... awesome Ashby stiyle arrows.
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
agree with ya elk breath. that will be a wicked arrow. I had a customer that was going on a water buffalo hunt in australia and I had to tune his compound for him. He had a 31 in. draw length shooting a 1000 gr arrow.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Elkbreath.....ABS Momentum shafts 65-80......its a new breed...
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Not familiar with this new design’s attributes.

However sense that further significant arrow design advancements may effectuate the following  contemplation: are we still traditional?
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
I use gold tip kenetics in my compound (same size as easton axis) and love them. they just fly so good out to 80yds and really penetrate.  I wont switch to the injections because they are lighter then I want and you are slaved to like 3 broadheads that NAP makes. usless to me.

for my trad bows im sticking with goldtip trads, tough, cheap, weigh in good.  doesnt hurt as much losing or breaking one of them compared to the kenetics.  if I had the cash I would shoot eh kenetics for everything
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by sawtoothscream:
[QB] I use gold tip kenetics in my compound (same size as easton axis) and love them. they just fly so good out to 80yds and really penetrate.  I wont switch to the injections because they are lighter then I want and you are slaved to like 3 broadheads that NAP makes. usless to me.

Absolutely no place on this web-site for the above nonapplicable comments!!!!!!!!! Trad Gang is soley a traditional site. I camp here for that purpose.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Friend to answer the questioin you stated about are we still traditionalist. In my opinon yes and no. I still shoot carbons and say im a trad hunter but in reality im not being truly tradtitional.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
I could be wrong about the thread size,I just heard they are different from the standard size.

Offline AZWarts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
they are you need deep six bh's unless you go with an ousert

Offline Cochise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
AZwarts what bowshop u work at?
Im in mesa and would rather deal with your shop localy than send out,because your a TG member ..
 also.be prepared to get  BlASTED. for anything other than "traditional" here..
Cochise

Offline AKCrazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
I'm shooting some VAP's and although there have been claims that they are brittle, I've only snapped one in the past 5 months.  I've broken 3 footed axis shafts in a day before.  I haven't put one between the ribs yet (wish me luck next week) but will report on them if/when I do.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©