3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which Bow do you think is the quietest?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which Bow do you think is the quietest?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
My RER one piece recurve is very quiet.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
For recurves, of which I have about 20, I would vote for an Assenheimer as the quietest.
Otto

Offline flinginem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
I think mine is the quietest,Ill shoot it right now and tell me if you hear anything!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Without a doubt and I've heard many bows being shot...Mike Robin (Bamboo) has an Anazi longbow that is super quiet. I was a dealer for a bowyer out of Silver City New Mexico and sold Mike this bow years ago. No silencers, FF string...QUIET.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jim Parsell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
My Adcock CX is by far the most quiet bow I have ever not heard!!!!!  Jim

Offline tnbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
My Rivers Edge TD is quiet, I shot at and missed the same doe 3 times in a span of 5 minutes and she still don,t know what was going on! Danny

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »
My Liberty Elites shoot so quiet I have a hard time wondering if they even have a noise.   I hope they dont outlaw weapons that are so silent (kinda like silencers on a gun) or I might have to figure out how to make my bows make noise. umhuh    :confused:

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
I've owned a lot of recurves and longbows over the past 7 years.  The quietest of all of them is the one I presently own and shoot, a 3 Rivers Dalaa.

Compound shooters who shoot Mathews bows, which are known for their quietness, comment about how quiet my Dalaa is when we are shooting on the line together at the indoor range of the Archery Shop.  It is the quietest bow I've ever shot or heard shot.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
This thread really surprised me.  Three of you reported that your ACS-CX is the quietest bow you own or have shot (or something like that).  My CX is the loudest bow I own, although I don't think of it as loud.  I also have not yet experimented with different string silencers and I am shooting a light carbon arrow.  The quietness of my bows seems relative to limb mass and speed.  My slowest and heaviest bow is a hickory board bow and it is whisper quiet.  I also have an all wood osage/bamboo limb bow that I shoot a 525gr arrow @ 162fps that is very quiet.  The CX is screamin with about a 425gr carbon arrow, but it is not as quiet as my other bows.  I'm still using the small wool silencers that were on the string it came with.  I'm going to experiment with some other silencers this spring.

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
a loud CX? hhmmm,,,of all my trad bows(although not many,,,palmer,fedora,warf,swan,appalachian,bob lee,widow adn a few others i can't remember)my CX is the quietest hands down. properly tuned and silenced AND shot with appropriately weighted arrows,,,it's hard to understand how your CX is loud. i've got 2 very small sets of wiskers on the top and bottom of my string,,,i am serious when i say all i hear is the arrows impact upon the target.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
All 5 of mine are dead quiet. (when I have my hearing aids turned off!)   :D
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
kawika b,
 I didn't mean to necessarily imply it is loud.  It is however the loudest of my 7 longbows.  I would really consider all of them to be quiet bows.  Also, I did mention that I have not really worked on making it quieter.  It sort of makes a "thunk" or "twang" sound, but it is so darn fast I don't know that it is much of an issue.  The CX easily extends my effective range 5-7 yards over any of my other bows.  I was also shooting a lighter arrow than I would hunt with.  I put the CX away and didn't hunt with it this year, because I didn't have time to satisfy myself with its setup.  I plan to get it dialed in as my #1 hunting bow for next season.

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Well now...3 Longbows and 4 recurves, My Leon Stewart is most likely the quietest, in fact unless I fudge the release you wouldn't know it's been shot. Now my  buddy got a 56 inch Grizzly that is REALLY QUIET also, a bow I wouldn't immediately think to be so but there you go.

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
I've had people comment on how quiet my Doug Duncan Zebra Safari longbow is.  Also, my Mosshorn (Super Shrew type bow) longbow is very quiet with beaverball silencers.

Dave in Ft. Collins, CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©