3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson Fatal Styk?  (Read 260 times)

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson Fatal Styk?
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Thinking of test driving a Fatal Styk, admittedly because of their looks.  I've never handled a Robertson and was wondering if some guys/gals could shed some light on their shootability, forgiveness, etc., even if it wasn't the right fit for you.  I found a couple of old threads but not many.  Hardly ever see any for sale also.  I'd think they would get more attention than they seem to get.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson Fatal Styk?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
I started out shooting Black Widows and still have two I hunt and shoot with. I shot a friends Fatal Styk and had to have one of my own. I think the grip may be the best out there. The arrow sits right on top of my hand. This will be my go to bow from now on.............at least until I find the next go to bow  :goldtooth:  I think you will be very pleased with a Fatal Styk.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I just bought one in March and wish I would have bought it sooner. Whip was showing me the one he just picked up yesterday. He said he is liking his as well.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
This will be my third season with mine . Best grip I've ever felt and shoots great. I hardly see them (fatal styk) for sale, but I think that's a good thing when lookin for a bow. You won't be disappointed I promise

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Great grip, very quiet and top end performance.  They like heavy arrows too.  If you are a recurve guy you will probably like them a lot.

D.P.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I had one for a while, good shooting bow great workmanship.
Nothing at all wrong with it I just didn't feel it would be my go to bow so I sold it. Probably had more to do with my being more comfortable with my other bow than anything being wrong with the Fatal Styk.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Like Greg said, I recently picked one up and am loving it!  The grip is perfect, draw is smooth, it smokes an arrow, and is absolutely beautiful.  What more could ax guy ask for?  

As mentioned, there is a reason you don't see many for sale.  They are too good to let go of!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
There's a sweet one in the classifieds   :cool:  
Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Super nice bows.  I've got one I picked up in the classifieds.  Very nice grip, definitely a keeper.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
Been shooting Jeffery, Habu, etc mostly past 20 years with an occasional longbow or selfbow....but the Habu was my GO TO bow since 97.

Been looking for an old Montana Falcon ever since I saw my buddy Tony S (Snuffer) shooting his when I lived in Maryland.  While looking contacted Dick Robertson to see if he had any collecting dust or unwanted Montanas he forgot about or customers that want to sell one...he didnt...but had a nice new Fatal Styk that had a couple blemishes in glass on limbs so he gave me a discount as he would not sell it as a new First Rate bow.

That bow blew me away...light in hand, great grip, smooth as silk drawing and shot exactly where I was looking...quiet too.  Mine has cocobola and myrtle riser...with bamboo limbs with juniper laminations under clear glass.

I got my Montana Falcon finally from a guy...but that Fatal Styk is the best shooting bow I own...and have ever shot.

You dont see them around much as nobody sells them unless they are too heavy for them....hurting for money....very few if any are ever sold cuz they were not liked...cant remember ever hearing that.  Dick has been around for over 30 years building his bows full time...that says something there.  Just as others have been around same length or more....Fedora, Bruin, etc.....

There is a super nice one in classifieds for a great price in my opinion....

You will not be disappointed...and if you are...then you can get near your purchase price on the re-sell especially for a used one.

You will not find a better price for a Fatal Styk...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=052645#000000
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
I recently bought a 1 piece Tribal Styk. Best grip i ever felt. Smooth and fast, light in the hand,but stable and accurate. Cocobolo and Ebony riser,Myrtle veneers, Bamboo core. Sweet bow.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I just ordred one to try from Robertson - myrtle and coco w/ juniper limbs.  Can't wait to shoot it.

Online Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
I shoot Robertson Stykbow Longbows - they are awesome - great grip - fast quiet - 100% dependable - we have taken an amazingly high percentage of our animals with Stykbow Longbows. My favorite is 64 inch take down - 67# @ 27 inches - I will be buying more bows from the Robertson family.
<><
<-------------------<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Online Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
I have a Peregrine 60" #50 and Falcon IV 58" #52, but like a dummy I sold a Mystical    :thumbsup:  
 Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
60", 56@28, figured it'd be good for anything on this continent, not that I'm planning on keeping it...

Offline Crotalus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Love those Stykbows.

I have a Vision Falcon and a Fatal Styk.
As has been said above the grip is just outstanding, very stable and neutral in the hand. You really have to blow a shot badly to torque the riser. The arrow sits right on top of your finger, the only way to get it closer to your knuckle would be to get rid of the shelf and shoot off your finger.

And life’s to short to hunt with an ugly bow. Those juniper limb veneers make great lookin bows.
LP

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »
My Robertson is getting expensive!  3 robin hoods in the last week, last night was a Beman MFX Classic.

D.P.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
I love the Robertson bows.  My go to is a Mystical 67@28".  They are sweet.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
not that I'm planning on keeping it..

I have a Pierce Point juniper longbow that I was not planning on keeping either, good luck with returning it.  I suggested that I could try, just try, a lefty Fatal stick, but my wife pointed out that I have three Robertson longbows, told me that I would have to sell two of them first. She knows that I would keep it, and I do not want to sell my longbows, so I am stuck, for now.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by pavan:
 told me that I would have to sell two of them first.  
2 for 1 is a no go...  She sure drew the line in the sand.  That is the very reason that I ask forgiveness rather than permission...

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©