3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: the untuneable bow part duece? + apology  (Read 698 times)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
the untuneable bow part duece? + apology
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »
I'm back.  

More time at the range has things coming a little closer.

First and foremost I need to apologize to Jim!  I didnt go to him first instead opting to ask here first and second guessing things after I talked to him!  To that I apologize.  

The bow is definatly one of the better looking bows I've ever had!   It did crack however I really dont know how bad of a thing it is, I've personally never seen a crack like it before and until I send it back I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions on it.  The frustration comes from a go to bow a few years back that cracked that some of you might remember.  My old checkmate crusader cracked on the side of the handle right through 2 laminations and jumped into a 3rd.   That bow was a shooting machine and things have gone downhill from there.  Was worried with this bow cracking so early I was back into those shoes I thought I was able to get out of.   Disheartening situation to be in then and again now both due to the crack and jumping to conclusions!

The untuneable part...well that's coming.  This is definatly something different for me.  I did some bareshafting...first arrow, SNAP!   boy did I tell ya I hate bare shafting until I get things a little closer LOL!  Well I had a few more arrows,  including one 81 pounder I completely forgot I had.   I'm suprised at how LOW the nock point is, at just under 1/8 above 0.   Anything higher or lower and she kicks  nock high.   The 81lb spined shaft is showing pretty close to a perfect bullet hole through paper though just a TAD stiff.  It did fly nice out to 20 yards bareshafted, with no ups, downs or rights, though it had just a TAAD nock left.  I'm thinking the nock might be just a tad tight to the string hence the slightly stiff reading where as the rest are fitting better....going to take this nock off and replace it to see what happens.

I am curious though, I have a 78lb spined bareshaft and it kept showing a nock high tear no matter what.   The nock high tear wouldnt go until I went to that 81 pounder.   So I guess I'm ordering arrows tomorrow.

I did notice too that fletched shafts 75-80 would give me a nock high reading that I couldn't get out either.  Checked my nock placement to make sure things were straight and it looked great, including some awfully straight shafts, which was suprising considering how hard the targets at the local shop are.  I ended up moving to a small block target to do the bareshafting to keep from breaking anymore arrows.

I did try 3 under and wow, what a kick, thankfully I was CLOSE when I shot or the arrow likely would have endo'd down range at best LOL.

Again I apolgize to Jim at Thunderstick and I'm really doing a disservice by not getting pictures of this bow up!  She's definatly a beaut and I'm sure they wont do it justice!

Gonna send the bow back to have the crack checked out by Jim tomorrow, so I'll try and get pics tomorrow sometime before I get it sent, taking some guys out lake trout fishing.   Who knows, maybe I'll have to take thursday off and sned it back thursday morning, good excuse to stay home     :cool:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©