3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Swinehart pic  (Read 826 times)

Offline Dan Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Swinehart pic
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Was it Bob Swinehart who once hunted rhinos with rubber blunt tipped arrows? I seem to recall reading that many years ago.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
I don't think so.  At least I don't remember him mentioning it either of his books.  Of course, rhino hunting has since been been banned in most, if not all, African countries.  I've read of some wheelie bow guys using blunts.  Apparently if they shoot one with a blunt, they feel they can record it as a could have been kill. Go figure.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
Wow.... I did not know the story behind his brother, although I did read where he had taken his own life.

I would give anything to have both those books as I've always loved reading stories about Bob and in my opinion this was the glory days of African Safari hunting at its best.

To bad I'm off again soon for my second safari myself in 6 weeks time or I would have jumped on those two books.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2015, 05:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Orion:
I've read of some wheelie bow guys using blunts.  Apparently if they shoot one with a blunt, they feel they can record it as a could have been kill. Go figure.
Hmm... Rhinos' are ill tempered on a good day. Can't imagine what they're like after a smack of a rubber blunt.   :eek:
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
I have no connection, nor do I care what someone tries to sell books for.  Sheesh.  The point of my resurrecting this thread was just hoping for some more discussion on the man and maybe others might find some of this as interesting as I did.  I was lucky enough to have two friends lend me the books to read and thought they were too cool!     :notworthy:

The man does not get much of a mention anymore, and I think his accomplishments were amazing.  

I heard one of his relatives were trying to sell some of his archery gear a while back.  Wonder if anyone was ever successful in getting any of it?  I would love to see some pics of his gear.

Did Bob build any of his own bows or did he have a bowyer at HHA make them? Which?  There was a picture in Sagittarius of him with a bow on a tiller tree??     :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©