3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Freakiest accident  (Read 690 times)

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Freakiest accident
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by NBK:
"Honey, you wouldn't believe how big this spider was."
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:  thank god no one was injured!!!!!

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Those things are tough to field dress and a bugger to drag! Good Luck on this one, is your will up to date?
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline DoubleB20

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Funny reading this... My wife still hasn't discovered the new "leak" in her new water hose. It's works for me to just play dumb, shrug and say, "hmmm".

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
Will be sending this trophy to the taxidermist for mounting? (LOL)  If so we want to see pics!

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
"Freakiest Accident" sounds like a darn good name for a thread about everyones "accidents" over the years.  Pics of course would be required.  

As far as the refrigerator...just buy some white stick on vinyl shelf liner.  Cut it into the proper stripes and make the frig zebra striped!  that should cover the "accident".
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Dang!  ANd all this time I've been trying to develop a heat-seeking arrow....Never thought about a cold-seeking arrow!  :archer2:

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Sorry, a little late to the party, just came across the post while burning time.  Absolutely hilarious and a coincidence bc I had a freaky incident with an arrow over the weekend.  I took at shot at 30 yards, the arrow hit my target weird and rocketed straight up in the air.  I could hardly believe it and have no idea how it could have flown at that angle.  It seemed like the arrow gained speed as it disappeared into the sky, I saw it come back down with a thud.  I walked out front and down the sidewalk to find it sitting on top of his roof.  All I could think of was, how am I going to explain to him that I lost an arrow on his roof! I was somewhat vague and said I lost "something" on his roof and asked if I could get it. He said sure, no prob..did you lose a Frisbee?  I said, yeah, something like that. I haven't been shooting too long, only about 5 years or so and have never seen an arrow glance and shoot straight up!

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Most embarrassing stray arrow I loosed glanced off a post in the woodshed where my straw target was hanging... and stuck into the side of my cross country skis.

After ten year gap, getting back to shooting, I HAVE realized that if there's something barely possible for an arrow to do... it'll do it.

Offline hammer08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 03:26:00 AM »
Haha. Glad no one was hurt.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12:00 AM »
Ha. Funny stuff.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
Sort of looks like elephant hide?  A little photo cropping and it would make a great computer wallpaper.

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
A couple of years ago my daughter (10 YO at the time) was practicing with her bow.  She set up her target block 20 yards or so in front of my trailer, I debated with myself whether or not to move her target but decided, "nah, she's only shooting 25# with field points".  Dog gone if her first arrow didn't miss the target completely and embed itself right in the starboard side tire of my trailer.  She looked at me timidly, expecting the worst, but we both laughed it off.  She's a heck of a shot now, by the way.  

Tom

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
its crazy isnt it where those arrows sometimes go,,,,, I once shot one thru my target and fence behind it then into my neghibors tin shed but snuck it out and plugged the hole before he knew I did it.

in a condo I used to practice my releases in my living room shooting about 30 feet from corner to corner,, well one time I jerked the string and shot through 2 sheet rock walls and thru the wall in the back of the shower so if you where in the shower the fieldpoint came thru about 10" right under the shower nozzle which might of just stopped before penetrating someone standing there,,, that was it for that type of practice.
"Us vs Them"

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like this,have a target set up in the halway about a 15 yard shot,jerked the string sent a broadhead through the door molding,into a wall heater.Have I learned a lesson from this,no but then again I'm single.  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Here's another one for the list here that i posted on another thread, but definitely fits this thread title....

Of all the comments i received on these photos the best one's were;

"Looks like you  Drilled it to me...."

"I'd say the drill is shot....."  

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
Yep it's drilled.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Oh, I thought the fridge was in the house too....if it's the beer fridge I'd definitely leave the arrow..........too cool.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©