3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quiver quandary  (Read 284 times)

Offline DayTripper

• Trad Bowhunter
Quiver quandary
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Gents,
I need to get a new hunting quiver. After much looking and researching I narrowed it down to these two, Big Jim's side leather quiver and the Powderhorn from Art Vincent. Any opinions and comments are welcome.

P.S. I tried several bow mount quivers and did not like the way the felt on my bow.

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quiver quandary
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
Mikes Archery Leather hunter series quiver
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Opinions......you came to the right place. I have been looking for that perfect quiver for a long time. That's why I have a zillion of them. But sometimes you just need a side quiver.....other times one on your back, now and then a bow model. Try one of the ones you want and see how it works for you. If it's not good try another. Part of the fun of this whole thing is finding what works for you!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Wayne,

I think you have NO business looking for a new quiver...     :saywhat:    

You should be saving up for a new refrigerator, and a dozen roses a week 'til Christmas!    :laughing:
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline pickaspot55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Big Jim quivers the are easy to put on and take off your bow and they are secure and they don't slide. But that's what I like. Hope you find what your looking for.

Offline scbowhnter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
You have to admire a man who shoots the fridge then promptly moves on to shopping for a new quiver. Nerves of steel.....
CJ

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
I would try the G. Fred Asbell side quiver I don't care for bow mounted quivers myself and really like the adjustments you have on how you want to carry the GFA quiver.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by tracker1:
I would try the G. Fred Asbell side quiver I don't care for bow mounted quivers myself and really like the adjustments you have on how you want to carry the GFA quiver.
There is no "perfect" quiver, but the GFA will be holding my arrows this fall.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
i Use a few variations of Big Jims sid quivers ... my leather Side Stalker is one of my favourite quivers ! it is handy , quiet and looks great ... Ted at raptor also sells a great version of it too ! I'll never part with mine ...

dislikig bow quivers nearly all my many quivers are off the bow and as such I tend to swap between my Bower Side stalker and Arrowmaster
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Online toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 02:59:00 AM »
I am back quiver challenged.  I have a kanati bow quiver which I love.  I found the arrow master to be a great side quiver for me.  I am toying with making a possibles bag quiver, which for bowhunting should rule too.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
In my humble opinion, here is the perfect quiver:

The GFA sidequiver. That said, the other quivers you are looking at are quality products. If you are like me, you will end up experimenting with several.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline NEB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Since you asked for opinions...I like the Absorkee Quiver for a side quiver.  Follow the directions on head placement in the foam, and you have five arrows with well spaced feathers right at your fingertips.  Even with 5.5" banana fletch, mine don't touch.  Granted, you can't sling it over your back, but you can pull it off of your belt and carry it if it is getting in the way.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
X2 on what Ron W stated
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Cato

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
After numerous back quivers I went to the Safari Tuff from Three Rivers, designed by Rod Jenkins.  I had begun to make my own tube quivers.  The Safari Tuff was a great answer for me.  It contours to the back, arrows retrieved from the hip.  The fletch is protected from the weather.  It is light weight.  And reasonably quiet.  If you have not considered one, give it a look.
Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Offline curtinmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
That Art Vincent side quiver looks to be as good as it gets.....

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
I also have the GFA side quiver, I wear it fletching down on the right side.  I really like it.  Good Luck!
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©