3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hog hunt info  (Read 131 times)

Offline fredbear1969

• Trad Bowhunter
hog hunt info
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
i need some info on a future hoghunt i am planning i would like to goto texas or geogia but i want to do a public land hunt i dont want to hunt on a fenced in ranch.everything that comes up on the net is mostly about fenced in preserves any help would be greatly apreciated

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hog hunt info
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Greg Campbell is a sponsor here on swamphunts.com and is in Georgia if you want a pay hunt.  PM me if you want any other info.  i hunt there quite often.  Ray Hammond is right across the border in South Carolina and offers some good hunts also and he is a sponsor as well.  Neither are fenced.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Some good state land in Tx look at Texas Parks & wildlife web site , Granger lake , Whitney lake , Aquila lake are a few I always hear about.They also have some goos draw hunts that are real cheap to put in for........
,,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Good afternoon, fredbear1969

Thanks, Rastaman, yes, Hog Heaven is fair chase- several thousand acres of southern cypress and oak swamps...not timber cut since Colonial days...

see   www.biggamehuntingblades.com   for info..or look at my ad in the Sponsor's Classified section of TradGang at

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=000908  

Mike and I can be of significant help if you want to learn spot and stalk hunting for hogs.

Come spend three days with us, learn the ropes, you can then go to public ground so you can try the ‘do-it-yourself’ approach. Our hogs are all on private land, unpressured and move in daylight hours.

We provide sleeping in air conditioned comfort, showers, all food, drinks, and snacks,we have a walk in cooler, running water, and a 300 lb ice machine- so you can concentrate on hunting… you don’t have to leave the camp….you can benefit from our experience,there's a local processor if you want one…and its  $575.00 plus a $40 license…for a three hog limit.

If I can help you in this way, let me know.  If you just want to do it on your own, call me and I’ll point you to some cool places to try in GA.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©