3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SHOOT YOUR LONGBOW BETTER! PICK UP A RECURVE?!WHAT???  (Read 379 times)

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SHOOT YOUR LONGBOW BETTER! PICK UP A RECURVE?!WHAT???
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
So this seems to go on for alot of folks....there must be something to it!  I guess aside from critiquing for the "whys",  it appears it may be good to switch it up from time to time....for curve shooters and longbow shooters. Kinda like a therapy from time to time.  Man,  I love traditional archery   :campfire:

Offline UrbanDeerSlayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Great thread! Can't say why it works but it does.  I have 3 main bows, listed below I think. Anyway, when I'm frustrated with one, I'll shoot with a different for a while. No particular order. My R/D Bamabow is my main one. But I'll grab the selfbow sometimes because it gives me a great site picture. And the Samick Sage recurve has a nice grip.  Dusted the Sage off the other night cause its the only Take Down I have and I had to pack one for the TBOF, so I tied on some nocks and was zinging them right on target after 15 shots or so.  But I can agree that I think it has something with improving your focus and form, where each bow will force you to do something different to shoot well, and all of it equals to better overall form and success.
Shoot Straight, Feel Great!

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I have to join the 'switch from recurve to longbow' guys. Every now and then, I switch from my recurves to a longbow.
 For me, shooting the longbow takes more concentration on my form, and is more sensitive to small form breaks. After shooting the longbow (which is made by the same bowyer and has the same grip) for a while, I am much more accurate with my recurves. Alas; it doesn't last forever though.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
On a lark, i took a Sky bow off the back shelf in the archery shop today.  This bow was heavier than our normal bows, but all of us longbow shooters were lacing the bull at 15 yards.
"when you need a new idea, read an old book" can be modified to show a change in bows might fire up the desire again!
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
I think "Bladepeek" nailed it, focus is the key... Sometimes we get sedate with our regular bow and a little variation is good...

Gets our minds back on focus, which really is our whole sighting system...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©