3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: wool bib's  (Read 398 times)

Online toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
wool bib's
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
Hi, we all know there are severa and great wool option out there for wool tops, thanks Mrs. Asbell.  But the wool bibs I bouth 15 years ago are starting to wear.  I am wondering besides Filson, (the standard for quality clothes) what else is out there bib or pant wise?

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: wool bib's
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:33:00 AM »
columbia has some nice camo wool bibs and the price is very reasonable i picked some up on **** for around 100 dollars, very warm, they do run a little big and usually need hemned otherwise awesome for the money
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:00 AM »
Sleeping indian wool.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »
Woolrich Malone bibs are great if you don't necessarily have to have camo...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline bfrbmj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Silent predator, Gray wolf, Day one
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Johnson or Bemidji Mills makes them (HEAVY wool)
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
I have a pair of filson and a pair of woorich. The woolrich are much more versatile,because the filson are too heavy for most hunting.

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
King of th mountain wool
The one thing I found was you have to watch what the wool poly mix is. Pure virgin wool will be more expensive, softer, and of coarse warmer.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Do you want camo or gray? Pants or bibs? For late season or all season/layers?

Later today I can post a pic of the Day One gray pants and hat I have that I dyed into a chocolate/charcoal gray. Really came out great. If you haven't done so, I can explain how to dye the wool without any shrinkage.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Check out our new sponsor.  Bighorn Gear
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Gila Mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread, Todd. I'm shopping for some wool bibs too and have seen a couple of brands mentioned here that I must check out.

Mike
"Hunt ethically and in fair chase. You'll know the feeling when you have done it right!"  .......(Glenn St. Charles, Bows on the Little Delta)

Offline scbowhnter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
I'll second the Columbia stuff running large. It's been at least a size smaller for me to get a good fit.
CJ

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
Check out our new sponsor.  Bighorn Gear  
Thanks for posting the link.  Very nice looking gear, and only a few miles from me!

To answer the OP - One thing I want on any bib, is zippers to the knees.  I often carry my bibs to my stand to avoid overheating and with the zippers I don't have to take off my boots to put them on.

I have two pairs of Cabelas Outfitters wool bibs.  They are pretty economical for wool and have held up well.  They are very warm and have the Dri-Plus layer so are rain proof.  Machine washable too.

I have a KOM Bowman jacket that seems like better quality wool than the Cabelas, so I assume their bibs would be great.  Probably cost 2x-3x as much as the Cabelas though.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
I have a pair of Woolrich.  I don't like the coat so much - I was hoping it would be warmer - but I love the bibs.  I wear the bibs much more than the coat.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Codet makes a great one extremely affordable in forrest green. That's what I wear in winter

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Cato

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
I had KOM and sold them.  I did that because I bought Gray Wolf about 7 or 8 years ago.  Jeff will add features as desired, and they fit perfectly.  I do like the predator pattern over the KOM.  They have held up well, as I wear them almost exclusively after the warm early bow season is over.  Worth every penny, and when I bought mine they were much less than the KOM.
Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
I have used a pair of Johnson Mill for over 20 years....good stuff! Mine are forest green!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
I have a pair of the Gray Wolf unlined bibs with zippers to the knees.  They are great because they go on easily over anything else I am wearing.  They are way too warm if I am moving, but work great for sitting when it is bitter cold.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I have a pair of Codet very affordable in forrest green (see picture to left). I also have a pair of the unlined ones from Gray wolf, both are great, but I like the Codet for the price.

Offline TommyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
Cabela's Outfitter wool bibs are great. Even have wind shear layer in them. Sometimes they can be too warm though.
TommyBoy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©