3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shooting left, how can I fix this???  (Read 379 times)

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: shooting left, how can I fix this???
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
I think your arrow is still to stiff.I have found that longbows need lighter spine arrows than recurves.You should contact Curt and see if he can cut your window more.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
thought about that as well.   my other longbow just tuned up good with full length cx heritage with standard inserts and 100gr tip.    

ill try some 1535's in it tomorrow and see if it likes those more.   if so I guess I could just go the  weight tube route to get the weight up.

cutting it deeper would let it use stiffer arrows right?  thanks
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Yes but talk to Curt he knows his bows they are a work of art.Need to be sure there is enough window to cut away.Tell him how many inches at 20 yards you are shooting to the left. I am also a longbow shooter and i have fought with some bows bad.Good luck and tell me how it works out.Hope this might help.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
thanks, if I still have issues tomorrow ill shoot him a emial and see if he can do anything.

Offline Ydanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
I have this happen especially when shooting different bows a lot.  For some reason with certain bows I will lock my bow arm (left) out straight and not shoot with my arm slightly bent.  At release my arm will jump a little to the left and throw my arrow that way.  When I see two or three arrows 5 or 6 inches left I will remind myself of proper form.

Offline Brett Wilmore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
Hi sawtooth, I deal with shooting left all the time. the arrow setups you are describing sound very weak for your draw length and bow, which should push your arrows right.  I wouldn't go weaker (1535 is probably too weak, and 300 grains up front sounds like overkill on the 3555s).  I agree with the guy that talked to eye/string/arrow alignment.  Or you could reduce the thickness (or remove) your strike plate.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
There are a ton of reasons why you may be shooting left,  fewer if you are shooting left with only one of several bows.  Change one thing at a time and see if you can work it out.  The above responses are good ones.
ChuckC

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
I would bet it's your anchor point(as previously stated). I have the same problem at times, when I force myself to get the arrow under my eye, the arrow comes back right. Canting the bow a little more helps for me as does really sinking my anchor into the corner of my mouth.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
I messed around with the bow more and got it shooting pretty good. that being said im sending it back to get the shelf cut a little deeper, thank that will help

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©