3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 35# bow, arrow weight and FOC??  (Read 276 times)

Offline gordydog

• Trad Bowhunter
35# bow, arrow weight and FOC??
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
If your states legal bow weight for deer is 35#, what is your EFOC and weight of your arrow for this 35# high efficiency longbow? Assuming you will hit the deer in "the right spot", arrow is super sharp with a 3:1 broadhead, super arrow flight, small diameter, shot limited to under 10 yds.....all of these important aspects and more are taken into account. Only now looking at EFOC and arrow weight.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 35# bow, arrow weight and FOC??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
I will be watching for answers.  I have a 35# longbow being made that should done in a few weeks.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
For my 38#(recurve) and 40#(longbow) I shoot 463 grains with a 21.7% FOC.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
I don't have the answer,as I don't shoot that weight but it is pretty hard to get EFOC on the lighter weight bows and maintain an overall arrow weight that isn't too heavy for most people to tolerate.You have to start out with a shaft a spine group or two stiffer than normal and that means heavier.Then you pile on point weight to that and the overall weight goes up quickly.

There are also very few 3-1 ratio broadheads,as much as that term is thrown around.Tuffhead has two but they are way too heavy for a bow that weight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©