3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back quiver  (Read 257 times)

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
Back quiver
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I know that there has been several excellent post in the past about the use of back quivers. One in particular showed ways to keep the fletching dry on the arrows. When I do a search for this article so many post come up that it is overwhelming, so. What are some good ways to keep fletching dry, but still have good access to your arrows, with a back quiver? Thanks for your help.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline bicster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back quiver
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Someone posted a magazine article about how to hunt with a backquiver. To answer your question, the author used plastic bags or fletch covers over a few of the arrows but had a couple uncovered and ready to go.

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
I remember that article.  It was a really good one! I think Rob DiStefano posted it.
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline findbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
I have used Catt quivers for 20 years I have 1,2,3,4,and 4.5 when it's raining hard I use the Catt quiver 1 or 2. It keeps your feathers dry and when you have it on your back it is easy to get an arrow out. When I'm out all day I will take the 4.5

Offline Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
I use a green plastic bag from cabela's over the arrows.  If I'm deer hunting from a stand, I usally leave one arrow in the quiver uncovered plus the one on the bow.  If you can get wild turkey feathers, they will take a lot of rain and still stabilize a broadhead.

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I've used Dri-tite for years and not had any problems. I guess that stuff is still available mine is probably 15 years old.
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by bicster:
Someone posted a magazine article about how to hunt with a backquiver. To answer your question, the author used plastic bags or fletch covers over a few of the arrows but had a couple uncovered and ready to go.
David Mitchell published an article on that same topic.... excellent.   :thumbsup:

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
I always carry my Kathy Kelly fletch cover when hunting with my backquiver just in case I get caught in a rain storm. I always apply silicone feather dressing to my feathers. If I know I'm going to be hunting in rain or snow, I use my Cat 3.5. Pics of the cover...

The small bungee cord attaches to a strap inside my quiver. I always leave one or two arrows out just in case I need a second shot at game.

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©