3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quality Time  (Read 275 times)

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
Quality Time
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
First time in a few years my daughter and I shot together.  College and boyfriend keeps getting in the way.  But this morning we made quality time for the both of us.

She has such good form even rusty.
Having her along sure made this Dad's day.

The range we were on had targets out to 80 yards.  Why not?  

I even hit the bag a couple of times.  If you look close enough the arrow is noticable way up in the green of the trees.  Incredible how high the flight's apex is to reach that far.
All in all an excellent day.

Offline Michigan Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quality Time
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Your post calls it like it is indeed "QUALITY TIME"
  :thumbsup:    :clapper:
...Mark

Offline MonRiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
My wife and I don't have children, but this "quality time" is exactly why we're looking for her first bow!
Shooting a vintage Bear Grizzly makes me smile.

Offline critman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
Awesome

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
We had the exact same thing here yesterday.  My grad-school son and his wife made a rare stop on the way through the area.  After looking at the problem his car (there had to be a SOME reason to swing by!), conversation turned to a late friend who made special bows, and a bow my son won in a raffle 12 years ago.

I went in the house and got the bow, and brought out a judo-tipped arrow, a shooting glove, and an arm guard with me. I said, "Do you have time to shoot her a couple times???"

With the events of life, marriage, and higher education, Ben had not shot a bow in 5 years.  Youth and athletic ability have their advantages.  He did wonderfully, shooting at a wiffle ball laying in the yard at about 15 yards, he was always close, and center punched it several times.

His wife opined that she used to shoot a friend's bow a little, and wished she could try again some day. So... I went in and got a recurve that was mid 30's at her draw length, and a longbow that pulled in the high 20's.  She REALLY had a good time, and came close to the ball several times.

Quality time.  Yes.  Thanks for sharing your pictures, Christopher!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline bkyrdshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Thats great to see they still want to do stuff with DAD. My two are at the age where ther are not wanting to do things that DAD likes to do. I still keep at them. Its all still good for me.

What range are you shooting at?? I live in Ohio and when I travel around on the weekends always look for places to shoot. Thought if I was ever close to that range I would check it out.
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
Fortunes come and go (for some at least), but this is what it's really all about. I spent some time on unaccompanied tours in the Army and a lot of time warming plane seats in my later job. Never had enough time with the boys when they were small. They seem to have forgiven me and even though they are busier than I ever was, they find time to drop by and humor old dad. They aren't into archery, but will shoot a few arrows with me just because. They almost never get a chance to shoot a shotgun, but will drag me out for a round of sporting clays and we all have fun.

We spent a week bear hunting and fishing in Ontario and, aside from the fact that they had to drag dad's bear out 'cause dad's getting too old, they loved it.

We spent a week in Africa nearly 7 years ago and I don't think we ever felt so close.

Cherish those times! That's when you know whether you've been a success in life or not.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Plain and simple friggin awesome!
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
:thumbsup:   That's great!  Nice range btw.

Eric

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Nice range. Where in Ohio is that located?

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Yes, it was a very good day.  Later in the afternoon my sons took me out for Chinese and then we shot clays in the back yard.  Haven't had a day that rewarding in a long time.

BTW, for those who've asked that range was in Clinton County just south of Wilmington.  Next week they are going to hold the Buckeye Classic there.  I strongly suggest you make it that weekend if possible.  It is a great 3D shoot.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
Way to go Dad... I echo what others have said here; this is what life is all about!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©