3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 New York Deer hunting thread.  (Read 9085 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2012 New York Deer hunting thread.
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
md126.....well done.....   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
this wind will not let up! going out at 2 and sit a different field as i do not want to ruin the bean field stand.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Good luck Bro!  I'll be thinking of you out there while I sit here in this cube LOL!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
I'm going at 2 also....going to check out a spot on State land.....sit for few hours and just glass and watch! Hey....ya never know!   :goldtooth:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Man O' Man, what crazy wind, I finally threw in the towel trying to play it. It just kept swirling and changing direction.........

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
Ron nothing worse that a swirling wind, good move.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
your not kidding. THREE straight days of it!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
better luck tomorrow guys.

Congrats on the buck MD
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Is that Charlie reporting from Wisconsin....LOL! How's it going out there??

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
This year the wind has been crazy here in western n.y. Just came back in, took my 10 year old daughter Cora tonight, we sat on the ground in a totally new spot, i saw 6 deer she saw 5, it was a wonderful, calm, night. No shots taken just a little too far but, a fun time with her.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
Mike(md126) texted me pics of his buck after he shot it. It was a shooter fer sure!!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Damn I miss New York. At least now I can live vicariously through this thread. Suprised I managed to drag myself out of the bowyers bench long wnough to find it.

Good luck to everyone up north! I'll be up opening weekend of gun season ... with a wooden stickbow of course ...

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Saturday morning was to warm and nothing was moving. On Sunday morning it was 50 degrees and saw deer driving to my spot on long island. Hada doe come through at 7:30am walking fast and didn't have a shot. At 8:15am three does came in to check a scrape about 30 yards from my stand. Looked like momma and last years fawn and this years. Everytime momma was close enough for a shot she was quartering towards me or kill zone blocked by a tree. They fed around for a 1/2 hour then left. I had to do some side work so got down at 10:15am. As i was cutting some branches to open up a new shooting lane a spike comes crashing in and stands 5 yards away panting. He looks at me for a full minute and then slowly walks away. I raised my bow up just for fun and he just looked at me panting. I had heard dogs barking earlier and I'm guessing some people were walking their dogs and let them chase after this guy for awhile. I can shoot unlimited does so I always let spikes walk. Great day for sure.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Getting ready to head out for a full afternoon of still hunting in this rain. Then sit for the final hour in a spot where I have my eyes on this nice buck.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Nice deer guys!  I've been battling the flu the past week!  still have a bit of a cough.  Good luck all!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Got in a short time ago. No deer seen still hunting....must be moving too fast...not Serpentine enough...   :laughing:    :nono:

Located some nice fresh rubs and one small scrape. filed the area away in the brain. Rain never let up, sat the final hour and saw 8 turkeys, just out of range. Woods very noisy with this rain, stayed bone dry with my camo Frogg Toggs. Love how lightweight the jacket is.

Wiped down the Superceeders, sprayed down my Zwickeys and hung "lefty" up. Need to get a small leather saddle for the Fedora and wrap the grip. Rain made it a tad slippery. Keep The Faith...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
Joe I was thnking bout you when it was coming down..Gotta be in it to win it...It's heating up..

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Had  3 hour sit today in the AM. Not much moving it seems.....a balmy 50 degrees.....

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: October 24, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I took a walk between the lil dude's bus drop off and pick up today. 8 does and a spike. Had one doe at 21 yards. Then I busted up a flock of turkey, and mouth called...no takers.
A lot of action for just a mid day walk. Maybe some of you guys should try a mid day sit...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
Just left NY after a 5 day Vac. Saw a really nice buck [150] at the Genesee Comunity College just a couple of hundred yards west, in the green field. We were visiting the wifes relations. Saw a ton of deer. They are not hunters and have no idea if there is any public land availible to hunt on. Is there any land around exit 43-46 on the thruway that is availible to hunt on.
Thanks-Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©