3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 New York Deer hunting thread.  (Read 9049 times)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2012 New York Deer hunting thread.
« Reply #540 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Had a crazy hunt tonight, saw 7 deer total,missed and saw the biggest buck of my life all on my property. It's funny how you can be so focused one time and make a great shot, and a few days later totally blow it and bounce arrows off of trees. That's what keeps me comming back for more,there is alway's more too learn.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #541 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
We've all been there! I missed a chip shot at an absolute monster a few years back. That's what keeps us going back and now at least you know he's out there!

Offline YankeeRedneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
Get em longrifle! You can do it buddy
I love New York I really do !!!!!!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Saw a real beast last night about an hour after sunset crossing the road about four miles from my house - right down near the river in a fairly densly populated area!  Nice, tall-tined eight point at least with just the start of "crab claws" on the front beam tips.  Looked like his antler genes had put all their effort into up instead of wide.

I'd rather see him over a broadhead instead of in the headlights, but it was a treat none-the-less.  He's got a long season ahead of him.  Gun starts in a week.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Just wanted to let all you NY guys that I enjoy reading and keeping up with this thread! Good luck!!

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Just got back from a morning out.Nice and cold but no movement.the wind was a little swirlly too.Deer have been holed up past couple days where I hunt,hopefully this afternoon something will move.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
:(
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Did a 2 1/2 hour sit today, thought I could maybe catch some deer movement on some state land....not much going on. I never even saw a squirrel. Used a ground blind I made 2 years ago, the wind was perfect for it. Back out in the AM to see if I can get a crack at the big one I saw the other day. I have seen 17 deer so far including 4 bucks.....unreal for me!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Better be careful, Ron....you may have to take a shot in the not too distant future. The bucks are moving pretty good right now.
The best things in life....aren't things!

« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Haven't seen much lately, except a really lonely red squirrel who won't leave me alone!Kep at it-- 1 week to go and some poor weather during part of it.... wind has been a pain this season.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #550 on: November 10, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Nice mourning out, set up to cut the deer off the way they have been coming in......Wrong    :banghead:    At 7 am I turn my head and I'm greeted with a deer blow, Wind was good, but he must have seen my head turn and I was busted!!! Nice high racked 8 point....real nice deer. Didn't really blow out of there just walked fast for 30 yards and then went back to a stroll. That's now 1 spike, and 4 racked bucks this year.....I have to pinch myself!!    :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #551 on: November 10, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I'm tellin' ya ron...just sayin'!
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #552 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
I had a spike and a really big, but young 4 point chasing does around my stand this morning. I'm looking for a real mature buck now and the does didn't offer any shots. Found a set of huge buck tracks this afternoon on my way in and have a few does bedded in the valley below me.....

« Reply #553 on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Well finally-- small doe came in then skittered off just as it was getting too dark to see twigs in the way of a shot.The a LOUD grunt from 10 yards behind me and a real nice 8-pointer comes in to 15 yards, definitely on the prod, nose to the ground after that little doe. Even if he'd offered a shot, it was too dark to take a chance. Nice to know he's around, though!   :archer:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Saw a flock of 24 Turkeys again today... checked the trail cam from this week.

3000 pictures of grass blowing. had 3 deer on it. I had it in a huge trail over looking a scrape. all 3 deer were bucks including a nice 8 point (now 7) I have caught a few times, always at night.

My buddy a compound shooter went to state land on the VT border. he had some guys come in with rifles and shoot a buck. then after they left he saw a black bear.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #555 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
No buck tag had to let a nice 7 walk, he came into 9 yards and just walked on by. My friend was with me in another stand and all he saw was a squirrel. I sure would have liked to have him in the stand I was in he still has his buck tag but that's how it goes.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #556 on: November 10, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Good Luck tomorrow Susan.   :wavey:  

I will be taking your old stand to a piece of public ground in the morning. I have decided the deer om the farm I am hunting are nocturnal and only crossing a huge field. 5 sits with deer sighted, time to do something different.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #557 on: November 10, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
I feel your pain Jim,since i killed my buck last Sun. I have had 5  different bucks within shooting range and 2 were real monsters, all I want are some does.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #558 on: November 10, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Yep,you never see a big buck untill you shoot a small buck. But it's way better than shooting no Buck at all.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #559 on: November 10, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Just move to westchester. Lol. I can take unlimited does and up to 8 bucks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©