3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who shoots a Robertson "Mystical" ...  (Read 412 times)

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Who shoots a Robertson "Mystical" ...
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
I bought this one used a year ago and every time I take it down to shoot I'm always impressed by the workmanship and its balance (shoots pretty good too).  Quiet as a mouse.

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who shoots a Robertson "Mystical" ...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
I had one years ago and really liked it. I traded it. should'nt have.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
Very nice bow!

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Could you tell me a little more about it. I shoot a Robertson Falcon recurve and a Mystical is my next planned purchase. I have a Martin ML10 now and if you ever wanted to know what hand shock felt like then shoot one of those. It consistantly puts the arrows in there but it is too long (68") and kicks like a mule.I am always impressed with how smooth my Robertson recurve is. I'll never part with it.Do they draw as smooth as the curves? I would like to get on about 62" long and 48-49# at 28".
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline Abel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
No. They don't draw as smooth as the curves, and they draw smoother in the 68" version than the shorter models. So if you are used to a recurve, you might want to try something else.
"A bow in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
Terry,
I don't think Dick makes the "Mystical" anymore.  Now it's called the "Purist" (maybe someone who's shot both can tell us if there's any real difference.)  

Mine is 64" 58@27" (I draw it 28").  It's a mild r/d longbow.  Not shocky at all, has fair speed (shoots 10gpp about 170fps) and is very quiet.  The longer the bow the smoother it'll be.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
I had a few Purists but had to leave them go to drop down in weight and now have a few Visions.  As far as I can tell, the older style Mystical and Purist were of the same r/d design, but the Purist had slightly narrower limb tips and fancier wood, clear glass.  If the two 2007 bows that I have are representative of the  current longbow offerings, I detect two minor differences compared to the bows that were made a half-dozen years or more ago.  The risers are just a tad fuller/chunkier, and there seems to be a little more reflex in the limbs.  Excellent performers.  Mine are both bamboo cored 64-inchers, one 52#, the other 58# at 28.  Bamboo cores make for a smoother draw, but few longbows will draw as smoothly as a recurve.  That's not how they're designed.

Terry, what you have in mind should work quite well.  Another two inches in length would draw even smoother.  Either will likely draw a lot smoother than an ML 10.  The few of those that I've shot stacked like all get out and kicked like mules.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
I got a Mystical from Stabow this winter, I love it! Great shooting bows. I was told the the current longbows are made on the same forms as the Mytical was.
Looks just like yours Mr. Magoo

Eric

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
I have one of each and orion is right the Pruist has narrower limbs.Both shoot good and I notice no difference in performance.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
I've been a fan of Dick's longbows for a long time.  I have a Heritage, Mystical and Vision Overdrive.  The Mystical is probably my favorite and a "go to" shooter.  I keep looking for one in 62" and mid fifties at 26" draw.  Rick
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
Magoo-being that you're liking that Robertson so much, maybe it's time to consider selling me one of your Palmers....

Nice bow!

BD
BD

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
Rick,
You have a PM.

Offline Greg in Delton MI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
I shoot a a pair of Purists, same form and an Overdrive, all great shooters. You could have no better bow to hunt or with shoot.

JMHO
Greg

Long as I can pull this bow
Long as I can hike the hills and walk among the trees
I keep on trying
My goals are high but I don't care
The fun is in the getting there, it justifies the end
So try, try again

Mark Baker, "Feathers thru the Wind"

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the info on the bows. I might need to be looking for a 64" bow instead of 62". I'm still going to get one. They just don't show up for sale alot and never locally, I'm the only Robertson shooter I know of around here. I'll come up on one someday. Just something about a longbow though and as poorly as the ML10 shoots I still love to shoot it.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©