3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow in Popup ground blind  (Read 352 times)

Offline Bigfoot

• Trad Bowhunter
Longbow in Popup ground blind
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Anybody use a longbow in a ground blind, just doesn't seem like there is enough room.
Ideas please.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Longbow in Popup ground blind
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
I have only shot from tent blinds on some 3D shoots and found it very difficult with my 68" bow. I don't think I would try to hunt from one.  When hunting from the ground,I build brush blinds as I can easily construct them to accomodate my longbow.
Sam

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
I've got just the blind for ya! It works great for me, with a 64 inch longbow no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPrXp-1Fkc&feature=plcp

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
I missed two deer last year after whacking the top of a blind with my limb. I have given up on any commercial ground blinds.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Online kstout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
I have an Ameristep blind called "BigHouse", and shoot 66" or 68"longbows out of it without problems.  Shot a turkey out of it with 2 people sitting in the blind.  It is 6' by 6'by 78" tall.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
This is talked about alot! I did a search for you   :thumbsup:  

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119338;p=1  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=116081  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=110996;p=1  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=099851  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=098521  

Way to many to put on this thread here's a few, all I did was a search for blinds   :)  

I shoot a 70" Hill out of our blinds with no problems. Just have to practice with them  :archer2:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
I have an ameristep Brickhouse. I`ve killed two deer and 4 Turkeys with a 66" Hill bow and a 64" mohawk.Takes practice.RC

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Gota cant my 66" pretty hard

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I like to make mine with what nature provides. For me it's fun to build them too.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Blue Tick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Both my recurve and longbow are 60". I use Ameristep Brickhouse blinds that are 67" high. I can't my bows a little and don't have to much trouble, but I do have to be conscious and take my time. I also use some homemade blinds that are much taller and have 0 problems in those.
Sarrels Blue Ridge SR "Autumn Hunter"
Lone Star Skull Works

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
I shoot all my bows from 60 inch Robertson recurve to 66" osage selfbow in a ground blind....I have a Double Bull 360.  Going to get a Baronett 350 as well for its size.

I put my stool towards back left corner...angle seat towards front right corner...and cant bow a bit and no issues.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I have a Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind and shoot my shorter longbows (60"-58") out of it without any problems.

Offline beauleyse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
I have a blind I leave out all year it's a cheap ameristep but I dug the bottom of the ground out a foot and I have plenty of room for my longbow...

I will say I have found to better blind for the price than the Big Mikes barronett....It's 90 inches tall I think and pops up in seconds!

I got one from the Auction site for 120 bucks but I've seen demo models go for as little as 100 bucks on the auction site!
There is more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow and arrow, than hunting with the sureness of the gun. -Fred Bear

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
ahem!   :confused:    :dunno:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline amazonjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
baronett blinds has one of the tallest at the best price, best price last year in OK 119.00 good blind I bought five/

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
I saw some prior threads about Barenett 350, and love the price.  Can't wait till my daughter is old enought to come with!  

KS Trapper I like your posts but which blind is your best? Can PM me if you like; Baronett or Ameristep
Thanks!
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Jay, The Barronett Gr350 is by far my favorite. We have used ours two seasons now and put them up in September and take them down after turkey season in May.

No fading, no tearing, They have performed great. We do slide ours up under ceder tree's most of the time but they are still fade free on the front side. We have been through alot of blinds and have around six of them now.

The Ameristep,Primos and all the others that cost alot more all faded pretty bad after just one season. Zipper problems, hub problems and tearing were pretty comon also. I like the size of the BigHouse Ameristep but I'm not sure they make them anymore and it faded the most.

I do think the older Double Bulls are the best blind out there material wise but they are not near big enough for my longer longbows and cost way to much.

Anyway, We can buy our Barronett's for just a little over a hundred dollars when we catch them on sale and a $130 regular price and the are well worth it in my opinion. I will try and get some better pictures of ours this season it seems like there is a bunch of interest in them.

I'm sure the will all fade if left out in the full sun for six months but I'm not going to test that. Good luck and I hope this helps. Here is a link to were we buy ours.

http://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/80-in-barronett-gr350-ground-hunting-blind/ctl16754/cp58261/si5189322/cl1/

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
On our first hunt together I hunted from one of Tracy's Barronett 350 blinds. I was sold immediately and bought one immediately. Now it's my favorite pop up blind even ahead of my Double Bull.

I'm 6'4" and can stand up and stretch my legs in the Barronett... even walk around in it. My 68 and 70 inch longbows have plenty of clearance.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
Thanks! I have an old Cabelas used once need to see if I can use w/ my recurve, if not I'll get the 350.
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
I don't think you can beat a Barronett 350 for a ground blind.  I use a little higher stool (like a bar stool) to accommodate the high windows, but there's tons of room in one.  You can shoot just about any bow out of one of them.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©