3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: In search of Bigfoot!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: In search of Bigfoot!
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Uniweft is a glass combination of cross weave and liniar glass. It gives a bow limb a lot of horizontal or torsional stability. The only thing that does any better is cross weave carbon combination and only because it is a tad bit lighter in physical weight. Kirk uses one or another in most of his bows. I have never seen a limb twist when it is used ., God bless you all, Steve

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Thanks, Steve...

Kirk showed he used some bias carbon as well...

All very intriguing to me...all that goes into a simple "stick and string" by you guys who really know this stuff!

Amazing!

Thanks... Now I can actually talk some "stuff" about my lams and limbs! Whooie! Kirk probably told me all that along the way, but shoot... I was stoned just looking at how purdy the blooming thing was unfolding...a lot of choice data went thru my ears/eyes and never stuck!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Actually.... i haven't used the Uni-Weft in all of my limb designs. But the added torsional stability it gives you is excellent on both recurve limbs and the narrow profile hybrid designs.

Dave.... these are NOT "simple sticks and strings".

There was something else you asked me if i had photos of that i can't remember. Help me out here Dave....

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
KIrk,

I read thru from page 5 forward and all our recent emails...

I can't find where I asked for anything particular that you didn't come forth with pictures and/or explanations.

You've provided me with great pictures of the bow throughout it's development, birth and then graduation into a shooting machine!

Your pictures are so much better than my own, I just used yours!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
I got it!!!!  It was the Cat whisker installation you asked about.  I found it in one of our last emails when i was setting the bow up....

here ya go brutha....

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Great thread!  This is what "custom" is all about.  

Your bow turned out great and I really appreciate Kirks willingness to share his insights into bows and bow building.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Doh...I told you, Kirk I got half-heimers. I remember asking for that and suggesting maybe you'd share it... but...doh.  :)   Thanks!

EZ keep...

Yeah..it's a sweetheart of a bow... a present to me and my hand!

I guess truth be told, although it wasn't much left after the nursing home got 99% of Dad's money, what little came my way, likely allowed me to add a few "upgrades" along the way.

I really recommend getting a deposit in, then paying ahead as you can over time while you wait for your number to come up... best advice someone gave me!!!

As Kirk's waiting list continues to grow (and rightfully so) one can save pennies, or like I did, ride around stealing recycling cans from bins before trash men got them and...   :bigsmyl:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©