3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kabekona River Test Bow  (Read 572 times)

Offline JBridegroom22

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kabekona River Test Bow
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week. I received the bow in the mail on Saturday. Couldn't get it unpacked and strung fast enough. All I can say is wow! The pictures don't do this thing justice at all. It's a beautiful bow. Now to get past the looks, this thing is one sweet shooter. Smooth fast and quiet. All I can say is I wish my week was a little later, some lucky guy or gal is going to get the oppertunity to hunt with a nice bow. Not looking forward to passing it off but am excited to hear what other people think of it.
Josh

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Greg, email me your address and info to   [email protected]  and bow is off to Joe Marrier next...Greg

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
Bow is enroute to Joe Marrier then Ryan Adkins..Greg

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
Got a note from the postal delivery worker.....sorry i missed you....you can pick up your package tomorrow.....  :(  

I decided to rather chase down the postal worker around town to get it   :help:   with success   :p    

I shot a few arrows with it before light got to low.   :archer2:   First impressions....it's a shooter for sure. Pretty darn quick, quiet, and felt smooth.

As for it's appearance: Wow! it is very very pretty. Those pics on page one lack a lot of beauty that comes from seeing it in person.

More to come.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Joe has finished with the bow and will post when he returns. The bow is now with Ryan Adkins and goes to Todd Mendenhall next.

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
So I had the Kabekona longbow for a few days before I had to leave on a business trip. As always my first impressions of a bow are to the eye appeal of the woods and the workmanship. This bow is very pretty and good workmanship. Over the years I have gone from liking short longbows to now liking longbows between 62-64". I wondered how I would like the 60" version. My mind was put to ease by the first series of arrows out of it. The 60" length felt smooth and stable. The longbow has a early preload of draw which gives it the performance simular to 'fast' bows. The grip was easy to get used to. Handshock was at a minimum and it shot pretty quiet. I liked the longbow and started hitting with accuracy pretty fast. I think it's a winner and I want to thank Greg for making the Test bow available.

Here are some pics.......next to my Thunderhorn they look like cousins  :)   Sorry for the limb tips pic...its not in focus

~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longbow917

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
Awesome photos Joe- they do look like cousins!!!  Nice looking one piece..... Thunderhorn too.

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
I am sorry for the delay on my review but football season is my busiest time of year. I did reciee the bow last week but didnt get to shoot it until yesterday. It is a very smooth shooting bow with a great feel. Very little hand shock and a great grip. I will have it in the mail headed to Todd Mendenhall ASAP. Again< Sorry for the delay.

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Todd should have the bow now, waiting to hear from him. Bow goes to Steve Dicketts next.

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Goes to Steve Dicketts after Todd. Greg

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Any updates on this bow ?

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
Received the bow. Impressed with the craftsmanship and detail. Love the choice of wood and veneers. Bow seemed to shoot faster than any 48 or 50 lb. Bow I have ever shot before.
    I took it hunting and never quite got the hits where I wanted. I shot high. That's just me and the arrows not tuned to the bow. I did take some 25 +yd shots on squirrels though. Of the 4 I shot at. One has a reverse Mohawk, and the other three red squirrels are now grey squirrels cause I did get close shooting that bow. I wouldn't, have attempted it with my personal bow. The bow was smooth, no handshock, fast and quite. I would like to have one of these.
 Looking to ship it out. Who is next and I'll need an address.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
hows this work,, if its still going on I'd like to try it or get in line to try it..
"Us vs Them"

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Bow goes to Troy Elsholz next, then Katie Gilbert. Sorry for the slow response, computer troubles and hunting...Greg

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by bowz:
Bow goes to Troy Elsholz next, then Katie Gilbert. Sorry for the slow response, computer troubles and hunting...Greg
It is ok, we are all hunting  ;)
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
Bow mailed this morning to Troy. Post office has monday Nov 26th for delivery date.

Offline bowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Troy has the bow and it goes to Katie next...Greg

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Bow is on its way to Katie. Schedule for delivery is this friday the 14th.
Great bow I didn't get to shoot it as much as I wanted due to we had bad weather lots of wind that limited my shooting. But when I did I really liked it the grip on this bow was what I first noticed how it felt, it was also very quiet and dead in the hand. Glad to have had the chance to try this bow out. Great product.

Offline Whelen35

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Are you located near LaPort MN?  I fly fish in your namesake river for brooke trout.  Small world.  Do you have a showroom or archery shop that you have your work in that area?  I have a lake cabin near Park Rapids, MN and really love the area and would love to see more of your work.  I did not know there were any boyers in the area, wow really beautiful work.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Will look out for it!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©