3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU  (Read 190 times)

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
KUIU
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Just wanted to say what a good product and over the phone customer service kuiu has.I purchased there 185 benie ,neck gator,belt,250 merino shirt,and vest.The belt is so nice I got one for hunting and the other for everyday wear,and the same with the vest one camo and one solid green for everyday wear.Very impressed, keep up the good work!!

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
I love my Kuiu gear aswell, but not as good luck with CS.  I ordered a 185 crew and got the zipper 185, I was told too bad because that is what the clerk wrote on the order form.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
All Ithe experience I've had with them has been top notch. That's surprising that they told you that hummer. Especially being in Canada, that sucks! Ido love their gear though!
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »
My experience with their customer service has been at both extremes, excellent and poor.  When exchanging clothing for different sizes during their initial startup it was excellent.  However, my Icon pack was squeak and the shoulder straps loosen up every couple hundreds yards when the load exceeds 40#'s.  When emailed if there was a fix for these issues their reply was they were aware of these issues and had fixed them with there new model. They didn't mention  my problems or recommend any solutions. The implication was to buy the new model and ignore the problems with the original model.  When told that their reply was unacceptable and to be diplomatic, their CS really sucked, my case was transfered to somebody else, I assume it was her supervisor.  Four additional emails and a week later they are sending the replacement straps, at no cost.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 12:34:00 AM »
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
Walt,

Is your Icon pack going north with you in a few weeks?

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
I have only had good dealings with Kuiu am actually surprised some people had some bad experiences

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Kevin,
We are arriving on the 8th, how about you?  Most likely I will be taking the Icon.  It depends if the new straps hold the pack in place and don't loosen up, it is hard to use the treking poles when you have to keep a grip on the straps.  The Icon is about the most comfortable pack I have used and handled 75# for two miles this morning without any new issues.  However, if the problem persists it will be back to using my old reliable (don't start laughing) army ruck.  The ruck has never let me down and has handled 100# + loads on occasion (3 cow elk quarters & the back straps, whatever that weighs).  If I can lift it, and then walk with it, the ruck has handled it, whatever the it was; the body just feeds a little more abused after using the ruck then it does with the Icon.  There is a Mystery RanchI looked at that is just as comfortable as the Icon but weighs almost twice as much and with the 65# limit I'm opting for more food or camp accessories.

Walt Francis

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I'd agreed with Walt.  Their clothes are awesome, and definitely well thought out for the bowhunter (plus merino wool is just better than synthetics  :)  )

Their packs are total crap, and I wouldn't own one on a bet from hell.

Offline chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Walt- just a thought.  I had a pack once with straps that slipped slipped like that. To get by for awhile I just tied the tag ends into a knot so that they couldn't pass through the buckles.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
Walt...

I recall studying the first generation of Icon packs. They looked like they would be fine for most of the duties a guy would expect to put them through. I was pretty sure I wouldn't like the lateral flexibility when carrying 100# loads of cast-iron heavy moose meat all day. That's no slam on KUIU; I've come to understand that the IF packs and more-flex EF setups by KUIU, Kifaru and MR just don't excel at the repeated heavy drudgery of packing multiple meat loads. My $550 Kifaru setup was just short of miserable at packing in meat. I've finally come down on the side of a conventional aluminum packframe for the job.

Not intending to hijack this thread. Back to KUIU and their fine products!

(Walt...PM to you)

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Great customer service, great designs, but if you want American Made like they told me, be careful what you buy, cause just a few things are actually made in North America. So if you want North American made, like a lot of us that rather help our people, ask before you buy.  Still, they do have great Customer Service, and well thought out clothing and gear!!
Cheers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©