3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spent The Afternoon At Kota BowHunting Co  (Read 933 times)

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
Spent The Afternoon At Kota BowHunting Co
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
Tim Finley (Kota Bowhunting Co) lives about 30 miles south of my farmstead.  I recently bought one of his older TD's used, and made arrangements to have him re-finish it.  So being, I took it down yesterday.

Learned more about traditional bows, how they're built, and how they're shot, than I have in the last several months.

Tim's bows are absolutely beautiful.  He had a gorgeous Bocote LH Prairie Swift recurve 57lbs@28" there that I fell in love with.  The grip was perfect, as if it was made for me.  Couldn't put it down, I carried it around most of the afernoon.  Had it been 50-52lbs I would have taken it home.

As it was, he had an even more beautiful piece of Bocote in the shop so I ordered a Prairie Swift made from it. Mine will have matching veneers made from the same piece of Bocote, 52lbs@28"...   :thumbsup:
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spent The Afternoon At Kota BowHunting Co
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
I've met Tim once, didn't get much of a chance to talk to him.  I like his bows.  If I didn't make them myself, I would have one of his.

Jason

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
And the moral of that story is......if you visit a bowmakers shop be ready to spend some money.

Good for you NDT.
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
Tim is a really great guy who makes really nice bows!!! You can't go wrong getting a bow from Tim!!!   Dan
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
Tim's reputation as one of the best bowhunters in the Lake Region is well established.  Seeing some of his trophies was worth the drive alone.

Both his ND bucks (We can fill our rifle tag with the bow in addition to our bow tag in ND)from this season grossed over 140!  As if that wasn't enough, he also grassed a P&Y antelope!...

All taken with one of his longbows.  Not too shabby, pard...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©