3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How come there are NO traditional hunting shows?  (Read 691 times)

Offline LURP DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
How come there are NO traditional hunting shows?
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
I LOVE to watch bowhunting shows even though they are all about wheelies.
How come you don't see any traditional bowhunting shows!
I get tired of watching 50 yrd shots using Mathews,SWACKER broadheads and Nikon rangefinders but I do like to see those big bucks!
Being able to watch a traditonal bowhunt for whitetails or hogs every week would be GREAT!

How about TRADISH! Traditional bowhunting with Lee & Tiffany! Sponsored by Blackwidow bows & Snuffer broadheads! LOL!!!

LURP DOG
"there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun."
FRED BEAR

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How come there are NO traditional hunting shows?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
There are some. I saw one with the Wensel brothers.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Hmmmm.....not entirely sure.....but perhaps its not a bad thing?!

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
Not enough product placement
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline LURP DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
How about a show with Fred Eichler. That might be cool!

LURP DOG
"there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun."
FRED BEAR

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Fred Eichler already has his own show...   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
The way tv hunting people are torn apart on the internet for expressing their excitement or making a bad shot, who'd wanna be filmed?  Before Trad Barta had his spinal stroke, he was hated...

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Just stop and think about how many trinkets are required to operate a wheel bow. Many trinkets equal many sponsors. And, like golf clubs, you simply must have this years latest and greatest, or you are not going to get those five extra yards.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Easton bowhunting has been on TV for several years.  I do agree it would be nice if there were more choices.

:archer:
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Most likely it's because ethics and good taste doesn't sell products.   :dunno:   JMHO!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
AS they said above.  I have contacted several of the "sportsman" tv programs.  None of them was interested with my ideas.  I Believe it is of course sponsor driven, gotta have money.  I did hear back from the History channel on my idea of a show that would follow great hunts, the guys, the gear and the times, with reactment.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Everybody is in it for the money. Trad does not generate enough.

Offline LURP DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
I agree with the money part and ALL the sponsors needed.
Most of the bowhunting shows consist of 15 minutes of huntng and 15 minutes of wheelie ads but it would be cool if a company like BEAR would sponsor the show and you still could sneak in a REALTREE ad!

But then again could to many shows bring traditional bowhunting down to the commercialized wheelie standards? That would be sad!
FRED BEAR

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Stick to the REAL stuff in videos, and help THOSE guys produce MORE.  There are great ones out there.
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
There are not many trad shows because the budgets of trad companies don't compare.  Bows and gadgets that age and evolve quickly are great for creating large advertising budgets.

I know a guy that had produced and helped produce shows on the big outdoor channels.  I couldn't believe what it cost for a shows slot.  It was well over a half a million dollars for thirteen episodes.  The show has to pay for their slot and then (hopefully before) line up sponsors to cover the cost of placement, producing the show, and hopefully make a profit in the end.  He said there is so much competition with hunters buying prosumer comcorders and willing to work for nothing that it is an extremely difficult market unless you happen to be one of the well respected and long running shows.

I was shocked when I got a quote for a full page color ad in some of the moderately circulated (100,000 copies) hunting magazine, not the biggest ones remember, $30,000+ for a single month.

One of the great things about trad is that we get to purchase bows and gear that will last decades.  Compound bows and equipment are like computers, you pay a lot and don't expect to have it more than a few years.  Completely different markets and there is a lot more money that flows into the latter.

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »
Those shows are all about selling the latest and greatest junk to come on the market. Ozone sprayer? Do we really need one ? Does the dam thing even work. Trad guys are to self sufficient . If something sounds like a good idea one of us figures out how to  make it cheep then spreads the word.
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline Scott357

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »
What the heck is an ozone sprayer? It sounds like something related to global "warming"!(Its 49 degrees on a mid August night!)

I used to watch a show called Redhawk Outdoors on the Outdoor Channel a few years ago.It didnt last long. I really enjoyed that show. I remember him hunting pheasnts with a recurve, deer with a muzzleloader and there was some fishing thrown in there too. When he killed something he would say a prayer instead of whooping and hollering and carrying on like he had scored a game winning touch down in the super bowl.

Scott.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 02:08:00 AM »
It is very hard for traditional archer companies to sponsor show.  Each bowyer, string maker, broadhead forger, and what have you has a very small part of the market.  Not worth the money.  There are great video out there.  One suggestion is that more of the video makers sell digital copies.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 03:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bear Heart:
It is very hard for traditional archer companies to sponsor show.  Each bowyer, string maker, broadhead forger, and what have you has a very small part of the market.  Not worth the money.  There are great video out there.  One suggestion is that more of the video makers sell digital copies.
I looked into selling our dvd digitally, especially for international order.  I wasn't able to find a secure and reliable method of delivery while keeping costs under control.  Technology is definately heading in that direction and hopefully we can find what will work well.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 03:19:00 AM »
Most likely has to do with market and potential sales with advertising. Much more money to be made with the high tech crowd due to higher percentage of viewing audience being wheel bow shooters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©