3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trail Cam Information  (Read 130 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Trail Cam Information
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
I am looking to buy several trail cams (first time buyer/user).  I have found what appear to be some great deals on Moultrie Trail Cams.  They have IR motion sensors, but still have the flash.  Does the flash bother game?  I have gotten different views from several people, but thought I would throw it out to the membership.  The funniest story I have heard related to this is one guy told me he and his buddies thought it gave them an advantage at dawn or dusk because the flash of the trail cam warned thm that game was on its way in!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trail Cam Information
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
Haven't used a flash camera in years. But remember when I did that many picts of deer when the flash would hit them the next flash would be of their butts and flag at full mast running for their lives. I don't recommend flashing them. The younger deer will tolerate it but the older ones will not. They do produce much better night shots though.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
We used flash cams for years and still do, I like the night pics much better and only had a few deer shy away but they always came back.

We proved with thousands and thousands of pics of all kinds of animals and yes big bucks to that they work just fine. Yes the IR cams are great to and you don't have to worry about the flash giving your cams away if your on public ground. It's nice to have the choice   :thumbsup:  

Here's a few big buck pics to show the flash dosen't bother them. They came back year after year and never showed any fear.

Don't be afraid to buy them if you can get good deals on them. I have thousands more on many different spots and these picks are from moultrie's to. Good luck!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
Great pictures.  I have several new hunting areas that I am hoping to get an idea what is using the area.  Who knows... maybe I will even find a deer like one of the ones above.

Thanks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©