3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: flu flu idea  (Read 219 times)

Offline Davie C.

• Trad Bowhunter
flu flu idea
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »
hey this might have come up before but ill share just in case it is actually a good one   :)  

I (foolishly) fletched all of my shafts awhile back with a standard 3 fletch helical. But today I realized that I need 4 flu flu arrows because Im going on a stumpin trip for a week. I considered the hybrid (tight spiral behind three fletch) and I still might try that.

But how about flipping the arrow over in the jig and gluing in three flu flus exactly the same as if you were doing a normal 3 fletch, except do it in the spaces between the 3 fletch that is already on (like in my case). So its a little faster than a 6 fletch flu. maybe about the same as a 4 fletch flu? or maybe somewhere in the middle? what do you think    :confused:

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: flu flu idea
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:45:00 AM »
I don't see why not. It'll save you having to strip the feathers off & starting over. I don't know if 6 low profile feathers will slow the shaft down like the larger fluflu feathers would. Give it a shot & let us know how it turns out.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:36:00 AM »
ya iv done that before works well and just gives to a bit of extra speed!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:49:00 AM »
I had some like that and loved them gave the last one I had left to someone in a deal/trade to make me a half doz but he never did  "[dntthnk]"  . Hormoan made some like that and sent me some  :D  . They fly great and work perfect for bushytials and rabbits  ;)  .<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Davie C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
Ill let u guys know how it works. I need to run and see if the archery store has some flu-flus. (it might be a long shot, its mostly a wheelie store)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
Has anyone tried putting feathers on backwards?  That's what I thought Davie was saying at first.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »
Dave.  try it and report to us ...please....

also.  why the need for flu-flu's for stumping ?  Just use your regularly fletched arrows but with Judos or blunts.  No need for different fletches.
ChuckC

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
In case you mmmmmmm...iss.

Offline Dan Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
Been done many times before and as you guessed is a mid range/speed arrow between a full boat flu-flu and a std arrow.

Offline Davie C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
sorry, my description was kind of confusing. To clarify: Im using three flu-flu feathers and three regular shield feathers fletched in as a six alternating). So its just like a six fletch flu flu but only 3 of the feathers are flus and the other three are regular shields.

oh chuck, I want at least a few flu's in case I get bored of shooting the pine cones on the ground and want to shoot the pine cones that are still on the tree!  :p   ...and for squirrels of course lol

Im down to the store after lunch so im still hoping that they actually have flu flu feathers. they might not   :scared:  like i said, I dont think flu-flus are very popular with the compound guys      :pray:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©