3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New arrow setup for the Mrs....  (Read 100 times)

Offline Brett Wilmore

• Trad Bowhunter
New arrow setup for the Mrs....
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Hi folks, it's been awhile.

I'm setting up new arrows for my better half, for 3D and maybe some field archery.

She draws 24" on her vintage 32# @ 28" Royal Scots recurve, so pulling maybe low-twenties of lbs.  She didn't want carbons or 1416s with nibb points so I bought her 1713's.  I'm going to glue in 17/64 85gn Saunders combo points with one wrap of serving to snug them up.  Tot arrow weight will be 300 grns.  12.4 GPP and 12.4% F.O.C.

The aluminum shafts are un-cut at 29.5 from nock groove to base-of-point.  I am thinking of cutting them down to 27".  Not because she needs them stiffer, but because that will keep her gaps unchanged from her old arrows.  

The Stu Miller Dynamic Spine calculator says they will be spined too heavy and I shouldn't cut them down.  Thoughts?  Thank you!

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New arrow setup for the Mrs....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:00 AM »
Too bad she didnt want carbon GT 1535 would have been perfect. You also didn't mention the wood option. You'd probably have a good choice going that route. You may have to convince her that: that which works is sometimes better than that which we want.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©