3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Too many eyes  (Read 120 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Too many eyes
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Did a bit of spot and stalk for goats this morning. I had a lone buck that I stalked for almost an hour, until he finally just walked away from me; never saw me, and I never got close enough for a shot. Then I saw a herd about a half a mile away, but where they were headed, it looked like there was a chance for a stalk. As I topped a small rise, there they were, about 60 yards out. I waited until they worked their way over another rise, and then made a vain attempt at approaching them. Busted! One of the does nailed me, and I watched them leave for parts unknown. There was a pretty decent buck in the bunch; he is the bottom left goat in this picture. Maybe next time.....

If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Too many eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
Would one of those silouette decoys have worked? Just curious.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
reddogge,
It might have. I can't justify nearly $100 for an antelope decoy, as well as having to cart the thing around. The bucks are starting to take an interest in the ladies, but aren't nuts just yet. When they are in full rut, those decoys would be pretty handy.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »
least ya got some sneaking in.  these night shifts are killing me, its time to be hunting and im stuck at the coal hole.

of course, after tomorrow when vacation starts my tune will be sung a tad differently.....
is it September yet??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©