3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trad only seasons or area's  (Read 143 times)

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
trad only seasons or area's
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Are there any states with Traditional Bow only seasons or hunting districts designated only for traditional bows ..

Offline Yolla Bolly

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trad only seasons or area's
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
Oregon has one in the southeastern corner of the state.   My son and brother and I are talking about trying it next year.
"Son, yeh gotta learn the Tehama 3-step."   Homer Whitten.

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Oregon has 2 areas, one in the Trout Creek mountains, which has unfortunately just completely burned up and one in the Murderers Creek unit, though that one is trad only for the first week of the season.  Check out the regs on ODFW's website.

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
McAlester Army base in Oklahoma conducts trad only bowhunts every year.  Some very nice deer taken and chance to take hogs as well.  I have not hunted there yet but it is on my short list.

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
As sliversinger just said the Trout Cr unit in OR is out of commission for a bit.  In fact it was a couple guys on here that told me it was burning from the fires we are having and probably won't be any good for a while.  If it burnt the majority of all the hunt area then it will be at minimum  two to three years before it really starts to come back.

Murderers creek unit produces some nice mulies but if you want a trophy blacktail then sw OR is a good one.  Although not trad only you have the month of sept to hunt deer and elk and then after the firearms seasons there is a late bow season which if I remember correctly is also a month long and it's during our rut.  Jackson, Josephine and Douglas counties are probably the best producers.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
That would be nice.
Ohio has a long archery season. Id like to see the 1st 30 days trad only
Probably never happen  :(
Slickhead

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Flingblade:
McAlester Army base in Oklahoma conducts trad only bowhunts every year.  Some very nice deer taken and chance to take hogs as well.  I have not hunted there yet but it is on my short list.
very well run hunts.. alot of P&Y animals taken from here  the story behind this area becoming trad and the results are really amazing.. sad part is the compound guys that put in for the hunt then if drawn, run out and borrow or buy a recurve to hunt the area, then try to shoot thier compound arrows and such out of em.. ...and cant hit a barn door with em..
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©