3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: North Carolina Deer Season Prep and Highlights 2012  (Read 4214 times)

Offline agtex42

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: North Carolina Deer Season Prep and Highlights 2012
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
Hang in there Adam!  It does take a little time to learn the training areas and where the deer like to hang out, but believe me they're in there.  I've found that the months of Nov & Dec are much better when it comes to regular daytime movement and shot opportunities, I usually see more deer in the two week block around Thanksgiving than I do during the rest of the season combined!  Hang tough and keep after 'em, if you have good sign at your stand setups you should start seeing them during daylight hours soon.

Offline hunt4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Thanks, Ive tryin to get in one of the areas you had shown me, but its been closed now for awhile. I assume they probably have some exercise going on there. Ive been hunting the Croatan a few times too and have actually seen some deer there, but its all been with a gun. Really itching to get one with a bow.

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
I live here in Croatan, go down to Haywood landing and Long Pt, the crops have been cut and if you find the trails going to the fields follow them in to you hit the marsh, been hunting these areas for 30 plus years and there is some big rack bucks in there, but you got to get way back, take a GPS, you will see plenty of turkey and a lot of black bears. The dog hunters will be hunting the roads and they push all the big bucks back into the swamp. Used to hunt Camp Lejeune but they cut down all my old spots so its back to Croatan, which is nice because you don't have to check out and in. This area is covered with hardwoods, and is a longbow hunters paradise.

Offline hunt4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Postman, thanks for the leads. I will definately check them out. Went out there tonight near catfish lake. Saw 2, buddy killed one of them. Hopefully I can get out there this weekend and try again.

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Any deer movement in these strong winds? I was considering going hunting off the creek in hookerton this evening
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline hunt4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by erictetterton:
Any deer movement in these strong winds? I was considering going hunting off the creek in hookerton this evening
You dont know unless you go. I was in the same boat, and was suprised in a good way. The deer have been laying low since the beginning of the storm, riding it out. Now that its over, they need food, water, and to clear their boredom. Not to mention all the nuts and acorns that blew down during the storm. If I could hunt tonight, I would.

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Here is pics of LCH's Hummingbird/Tiger Shark kill from this past weekend. Congratulations brother you are the man!

Here is a pic of the entry from a quartering away angle with the Simmons Tiger Shark

Resident Hog Slayer

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
WOW!

Way to go Lee  :)  That's a mounter for sure!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
Outttt-standingggggg, Lee!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
Hello Marine! My son-in-law is now home.  :thumbsup:

Good to see you posting Bernie. Continued prayers your way Sir.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
Thanks guys, Bernie and bud I get lucky every now and then. Todd thanks for posting that. Bud we need to get together with Todd and fix some stand sites on that other land he has. I am ready to put a SHARK attack on some does.LCH

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
Say when  :)

Again, nice deer Sir! And it ain't luck. I've seen you shoot  :thumbsup:

Offline Mr. Bones 2012

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
Hey everyone! You look like a great gang of people. I've been wanting to get out there and start hunting with a bow instead of a rifle, but never had anyone around here to hunt with. Then I saw this thread and this site. Nice Job so far this season guys and gals! You've got some fine looking kills there.

I live up off 150 in caswell near rockingham, just north of greensboro. If anyone is interested in hunting my land with me or inviting me down to hunt, I'm game.

Its good to be here.
"There is no formula for success except, perhaps, an unconditional acceptance of life, and what it brings."

-Arthur Rubinstein

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Mr. Bones 2012...you think this is fun....and it is, however you should try one of the shoots that is hosted by some trad clubs in the area.

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Good one Lee. I haven't had much time to go myself lately because of work and kids ( 3rd one is due any day now). Early season was good to me though i killed a nice 9 point and an 8 point that i think will make pope and young but they were victoms of my mathews z7. Troy is on the way to Kansas today and plans to arrive tomorrow. i was supposed to be with him but the new arrival put that trip on hold.
Possum the other white meat

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Welcome Mr. Bones  :)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
Thank you , Bud. Think I am beginning to get back closer to normal now but arms and legs still feel a little like spaghetti.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
Mr Bones,
Welcome to the camp fire. You are not too far away, and I would be happy to come on up and help get you up to speed with trad hunting. It is a ton of fun and an interesting way to experience deer hunting. I even have a bow or two that I can let you use to experiment with.

Drop me a PM or an email and we can set something up.

Again, welcome to the trad campfire.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Online Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »
Good buck Lee. Congrats, I bet Ben was excited.

Bernie, Good to see you are getting better. remember we have a date in april for the st jude hunt.

Preston, good luck with #3.

Good luck to Troy out west.

Bucks are moving in my neck of the woods. I videoed a decent 8 pt working a scrape about 25yds from my stand on tuesday. had him at 15 on wed and saw mutiple racked bucks to and from hunt. I got some prime land t hunt and ive enjoyed just watching them. Do have a couple of shooters on camera. I shot one doe about two weeks ago and killed a real nice 7 pt last friday up in north west VA. Saw a ton of deer up there with over half being bucks.

hopefully I'll get a shot at big boy in the next two weeks. Ive seen him once but not for long.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Welcome Mr. Bones! You and ADK need to pm me sometime. We'll try to get something together. Bernie it's really good to see a post from you sir. Semper Fi Devil Dog!
Resident Hog Slayer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©