3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scott Garrett AKA Joseph Garret - Techieok - Oktechie - HALL OF SHAME!!!  (Read 1646 times)

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scott Garrett AKA Joseph Garret - Techieok - Oktechie - HALL OF SHAME!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Honestly. I feel the guy will come through.  He did not seem like a bad guy. Again, just wish he would say something here or in an email or ????   We all have rough times in life and no one that I've run into here would seem to ever have a problem working with someone in a time of need. Hell, I'd be willing to drive to meet him, pick up all the stuff and mail it for him and pay for it...if he'd just keep in touch. I don't live too far away.

By the way I've done a few deals here and had nothing but great experiences!!  The classifieds are well worth it...even with a few hiccups here and there!!!

Patrick
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
I don't know anything about this guy, and I only know what I've read on this thread, but if one of my family members was in the hospital you fellas would be the last thing I'd be worried about.  I'm just saying...While you guys are spouting off about your special skills and such, the guy could be burying his sister.  I know you guys are feeling sore about this, but why would he tell Terry anything if he was trying to scam you?

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by buckeye_hunter:
This post isn't in reference to this guy, just a general FYI sorta thing.

1. Get several references from a guy/gal for their dealings on THIS site before you trade with someone. I always list 6 or 7 references that can be contacted when I make trades or sell stuff.

2. Get your goods BEFORE you send cash if there is some suspicion. Better yet, don't make the deal at all if you have questions that aren't answered.

I know a trade can still go bad, but the seller is less likely to cause a problem for you if they have put you in contact with multiple people they have dealt with or sold things to here at Tradgang. Most people won't want you contacting their friends or references if they aren't on the up and up. Don't trust references from outside the site.

That's just a few things that mght make your life easier. Hope it helps.
You're unlikely to buy many bows, if you expect to receive the bow before you pay for it.  For people I know and trust, I do ship after they tell me they've put a check/MO in the mail.  And I've yet to expect delivery of a bow before I pay for it.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
If he hadn't told Terry that the merchandise had already shipped, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  But, since he said he'd already shipped it....well, don't expect to see it EVER show up.
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Has anyone checked to see if he has activity on any of the other sites(*********** ect.) if he does that would put an end to the doubt of the supposed situation. Just a thought
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Gringol.....6 days of UPS and 8 days of mail and nothing has arrived.  Maybe u missed that part of this thread ?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Gringol,  none of us would EVER say ANYTHING bad about a guy that is having ANY kind of serious issue....family OR otherwise. The one guy that you say is "spouting off" isn't even involved with a transaction with the guy and I think he was only joking around and trying to bring a little relief to the frustration.  I agree, as does everyone, that we should be the last ones to worry about in that kind of situation. However, I have personally been told 3 times that the items were already or were going to be mailed on a specific date.  Each time, nothing. Then he told Terry that they were already mailed on another specific date...nothing.  Emails and IM's ignored and no communication.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I stand corrected.  Just seemed like a bit of a pile-on...I hope it all works out for everyone.

Offline DayTripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
I did a little search and found this old link. Not sure if this is the same Scott Garrett but MO looks familiar. Good luck.

link

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
Folks that dont look good... if he has been doing this kind of stuff all the way back in 2007.  Anyone know how long he has been a member of TG? and if anyone ever did a good deal with him? I hate it for all you guys.  As for a motive contacting Terry; it wouldnt suprise me in the least if he had done that to secure a few more scams before he was blacklisted for permanent.

Just my thoughts,

Dave

Offline GHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
Scott Garrett
Newcastle, OK

The above is from the 'Traders Blacklist' on the Archery Talk Forum:  http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announcement.php?f=100&a=169

Coincidence?

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Where does this guy live in Oklahoma. If he is in Tulsa, I can help.

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
Sorry. Just saw ghawks post. Little outside my jurisdiction.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
YEP.....Here's another one.

Guess we should do a little typing before sending money.......

web page

Sadly it looks like he's on all the trad archery forums as well as other hunting spots.  He's either "techieok" or "oktechie"  If you do a google search with the quotation marks on both of those you can see some interesting stuff including a blog he did for a short time.
   Lincoln

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
I just posted on the other forum, asking if anyone ever got this solved... maybe someone who had the bad deals will respond

Dave

Offline NC BowBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
I had dealings with him in Oct 2011. "[email protected]"
Paid him with paypal for some arrows that he claimed were shipped after 3 weeks of being paid, and numerous pm's & emails. He thought that I was stupid for expecting him to ship them in less than 3 weeks.
Contacted Rob, and he did some voodoo on him, and he shipped w/ a tracking #...old tracking #, and he shipped the package back to himself...with this deception, paypal refunded my money.
Rob went out of his way to help on an "unmoderated" manner.
Don't trust this snake.
Hope it does work out for the rest of ya'll.
Christian Bow Hunters of America

Offline tking308

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
This is the kind of thing that keeps me using paypal and why it's worth paying the 3% and list it as "goods purchased". Paypal won't refund a "gift" but they've gotten my money back on a bad deal before.  If I'm sending check or MO, you better have LOTS of solid references. just sayin...

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
I hear ya on the paypal thing.  when folks say they prefer money order, then I automatically look for other deals they have had to make sure they are on the up and up.  I always put for "goods" on paypal, not "gift"

Dave

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
If this guy has a history of doing this, I would go as far as contacting the district attorney in that county, maybe writing a long letter, explaning the situation.

Just a thought.
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
Defrauding by mail: I would contact U.S. Postal Inspector and the U.S. Attorney for prosecution.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©