3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scott Garrett AKA Joseph Garret - Techieok - Oktechie - HALL OF SHAME!!!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scott Garrett AKA Joseph Garret - Techieok - Oktechie - HALL OF SHAME!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
It would be nice if there was a way to give 'karma points" to someones profile for good transactions so one can see before a deal that they have had good past experiances with that person.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
If a feller is in such a bind he has to steal archery stuff I pray the Good Lord bless him.RC

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
As others suggested we should contact somebody in that county with a letter signed by all of us who have been scammed.I can't live with my conscience knowing that this guy might trick more trad brothers in the future.Enough is enough.I will be busy next week since we are going underway,but if somebody decides to organize us all count me in.If not I will start taking actions and organizing everybody myself.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
Well all thats not a good sign.  Glad I am not out a lot of moolah if this thing goes south.  

C
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Gringol, call it "piling on" if you like, but I call it "seeing it for what it is".
And yes, I WAS trying to just add a bit of lightheartedness to the situation.  And those here that know my "skills" certainly know that I'm not the kind od guy to use them in any manner dealing with this kind of mess.
Sorry if I offended anyone by implying anything out of line.
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
From the looks of those other links this guy has been at this game for a long time, and I doubt you will catch him. If those in the past went the legal way and didnt find justice, cant see how you guys will. Its a shame and I feel bad for ya'll but at least its out in the open.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by non-typical:
Defrauding by mail: I would contact U.S. Postal Inspector and the U.S. Attorney for prosecution.
Bingo!! This guy hit the nail on the head. It's worth a phone call.

You have to try and do something. If he has done this before, and has struck again, he will strike again.

Time will tell.
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I might suggest a POSITIVE FEEDBACK forum in the Classified section.  Just another forum where people could leave positive feedback only after a transaction.  Using the search function and searching only that forum you find the thread for an individual that is begun using ONLY their Trad Gang name.  That way you don't have any negative feeling going on....and you can still have a reference point for positive transactions as well as a list of other members to contact that have done biz with the member.

Just an idea that leans towards the positive should anyone really think we need it around here.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Another solution would be for buyers and sellers in the classifieds to push each other to get a paypal account.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kituwa:
It would be nice if there was a way to give 'karma points" to someones profile for good transactions so one can see before a deal that they have had good past experiances with that person.
That would be great! I don't use Paypal. I usually pay with a bank check and ask for a bank check or money order when I sell. I've also taken personal checks but wait for them to clear,before I ship. I know a few guys have been spooked off because of me asking for check or m/o.They're hot to trot on buying something then "something" comes up. I'm going to start asking people who buy from me if I can give their names out as references on our dealings.I've got 2 bows packed up and ready to ship this week when the checks arrive.I'm sure both guys will be happy with the deal.

Offline GHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
I see our common friend recently joined Stick and String Trad forum (07/08/2012) and made a post on 07/28... after his last post here:

http://stickandstring.com/member.php?6053-techieok  

He doesn't mention a sick sister.

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
I sent am email to the admin of that forum asking them to check him out. whether they'd listen to me or not, I dont know.  Just told them to beware if he starts a bunch of classifieds stuff.

Dave

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »
He has a website, and a business location.

http://scottscomputer.webs.com/

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2012, 02:08:00 AM »
yep, even has a couple phone numbers...  http://scottscomputer.webs.com/contact.htm

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
I'm not sure how folks like this sleep at night.

Somebody mentioned 'Karma points"....believe me, they are recorded.....what comes around goes around, every time.

I have operated in the automotive industry for 30 years, and I have met a few real snakes. They ALWAYS get whats coming to them.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
A physical address?...with phone numbers? Sweet!

Send Me!

(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
Thanks for that link Tom.

USAF 83-88
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Quote:  Defrauding by mail: I would contact U.S. Postal Inspector and the U.S. Attorney for prosecution.

I had a situation with another person where I bought a bow and paid with a US postal money order. The bow was never shipped and I was unable to get my money back. For a fee the PO did find out the money order was cashed and I paid another fee to the PO to have a copy of the signed money order mailed to me so I could send it to the Distict Attorney's Office which they requested to use as evidence on this person on another case. They said there was little they could do on my behalf unless I wanted to travel to their town in another state and file a complaint. Never received the copy from the Postal service though. I was not only out my money for the bow the postal service got me for a little more. I try and only use Paypal to pay for things now.
Jack Shanks

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
Looks like he took me as well.

What a damn shame.    :(    :(    :(    :(    :(
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Several years ago, I helped catch a thief that was preying on the members of several popular golf forums. This character had defrauded a bunch of guys for over $15,000 in high end golf equipment.  He lived near me, so I volunteered to compile a list of the victims, take statements from them and give it directly to the local police.

So, that's what I did.  It's a long story, but the guy ended up serving jail time and having to pay restitution. It took a long time, and I had to consistently pressure the cops and the DA to act, but, in the end. Justice was served.

In the middle of the whole situation, when the police were slow to act, this idiot was still stealing from people. One guy (Joe) from Houston, drove all the way over to Baton Rouge, and we went to the thief's house and got Joe's driver back. You should have seen the look on the guy's face when he opened his door. He went white as a sheet. I think he thought we were going to open up a can of whooping cream on him, if you know what I mean. He gave the golf club back without any fuss and quickly slammed the door on us.

A day later, I got this very long email from someone claiming to be this guy's attorney, and that he was going to sue me for harassment. It was obvious that he had written it himself (lots of grammatical errors). It was pretty funny. Anyway, eventually, as in a couple of years later, the DA finally got around to prosecuting the guy. I had moved out of the state by then, so I didn't keep up with the whole saga.  I don't remember how much jail time he got, maybe a couple of years.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©