3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which KME sharpener is best for single bevel Grizzly's & 3 bladed Snuffers?  (Read 148 times)

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
I have heard nothing but great things about the service and performance of the KME sharpeners.  Right now they are on inventory shut-down, so I thought I would ask you folks about which KME is best for sharpening the single bevel Grizzly heads and which is best for 3 blade Snuffers? Is it the same unit or not?

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
The beauty and benefit of the KME is that it holds a consistent angle. The KME system is for two blade heads or four blade heads with removable bleeeder blades. Not needed for three blade heads as there isn't any issue with holding a constant angle while sharpening on a flat surface.

I have both, go with the broadhead sharpener for the Grizzly's. If you have to put some backbone into it on a file to fix a dinged up edge or something you'll get there a lot quicker with the BW sharpener.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
Give Ron a call, he is a great guy and im sure he will be happy to help you pick which sharpener will work best for you.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've used both sharpeners for single bevels and both work well.The knife sharpener of coarse,will also use your knives.These days,I use the broadhead sharpener.Ron also has quality stones that you could sharpen your 3 blades on.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
If you get the big 200gr Grizzlys like I did...then Ron recommends the KME Knife Sharpener actually....as the heads are a bit too large to do right with the broadhead version.

That is why I got rid of my brand new KME and with Ron's help went to my old Lansky for my 200gr Grizzly Kodiaks.

he will set you straight...
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
If you want a long broadhead buy a wide stone.

http://www.hallsproedge.com/widebench2.php
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©