3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How you carry bow on motorcycle  (Read 132 times)

Offline Bob Suggs

• Trad Bowhunter
How you carry bow on motorcycle
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
This year we are thinking of using a offroad motorcycle to access our hunting area.  As the trails in the area we hunt is OK for cycles.  And as age get on the trail seems to get longer.  Wondering how you carry you longbow or recurve on an motorcycle.  Brackets on the handel bars look easy enough but my bow is as long as the bars ans it seems the tips will take a beating from brush.
Bob Suggs

Re: How you carry bow on motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
I don't have a dirt bike. I have a gold wing and lay my bow along the side of the bike and attach with a couple bungee cords. I took 3 bows to a big tournament that way a couple years ago.

Bisch

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
I have a padded 4" pvc that clamps on frame from behind the pegs to back of seat support for long bow. Use the same tube for 4wheeler mount from outside back rack to the outside of front rack
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
BMW 750r/7, back seat rest, bungee cords, back quiver, and two piece takedown Robertson in a pvc tube on the saddle bag mountings.  i have a back rack for putting the game on.  However, pheasants, rabbits and a turkey ride fine, a whole deer makes the front wheel a bit too light, so then I have to call the wife to bring the trailer with the car.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©