3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone have a Selway Strap-On quiver?  (Read 154 times)

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone have a Selway Strap-On quiver?
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
I've been looking at a new quiver and have narrowed it down to the Selway strap-on or Kanati strap-on. I'm familiar with the Kanati but haven't used the strap-on Selway.  Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone have a Selway Strap-On quiver?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
Selway strap on is the only one I have ever owned only thing I can say is it has served me well. Guess I never saw the need for a new one bc it will work on any bow.
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »
Ive got both, and like both.  The Selway is a bit larger overall in both hood and arrow pattern.  Both are very well made,  the Kanati looks to have a bit more handwork.  Something about the Rawhide on the Selway I really like not sure why but I do.

If I were going to pick between the 2 and was concerned with having a compact hunting package I would go with the Kanati.  If size was no concern then its a toss up.  

All that said, my absolute favourite quiver is still the good ole' Great Northern.

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
I've had no experience with bow quivers(traditional)until I bought the Selway. Purchased it right thru Gordy Mickens over the phone. I've been very happy with it. Great looking quiver too.   :coffee:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
I have a selway.  It is a great quiver.  Holds better to the fades than any I have tried.  It spreads the fletched ends of the feathers so they do not vibrate against one another durning release.  And the way he designed it to get the extra couple inches of arrow between the grippers and the hood really helps with keeping the arrows quiet and the nocks out of the dirt.

I really do not see how there could ever be a better quiver made.  Here is a pic on my old bow.  60 inch bow with a 16 inch riser.  Notice the 30 inch shafts do not stick below the lower limb tip.   God Bless

Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I currently have Selway slide-ons but feel a strap-on is in my future. I also love the Rawhide. Seems very traditional.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©