3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Moving to Florida....sell or keep it.  (Read 393 times)

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
Moving to Florida....sell or keep it.
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Moving to Florida in April or May. Not sure what to keep or what to sell. Please advise    :help:    
Lone wolf climbing stand ...is a hang on better suited?
Double bull blind...really think I should keep this but didn't want to haul it across the country if its not going to be used.
Wool camo and other insulated haunting clothes. I think this is a no brainer but wanted to make sure because replacing it wouldn't be cheap.
What kind of gear am I going to need besides a Thermacell?     :help:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moving to Florida....sell or keep it.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Keep the stuff.....you may hunt some place other than Fla. Plus just wait and see, you may need most of it!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
I'd keep the haunting clothes until after Halloween.
   :D  

Maybe someone from Florida will come on and give you something other than smart ass advice.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
After you been in Florida a couple yrs. and it gets down around 40 you'll be reach'n for the long johns.

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
move to Florida I will take the stand and your wool,Bring a Bug-Tamer suit,and get ready to see some ugly country unless you like the Beach...Been here 42 Years,Love catching the Red Fish and Tarpon,Can shoot 2 deer a day every day of the season.Lots of Hogs,But I was in Idaho and it is some Beautiful Country,But would not Swap the Ticks,Misquitoes,and Chiggers for any of that Country.Snow Cold,and No Tarpon....

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
Keep it all. A blue bazilliion long leaf pines in the state made to order for a climber.Lots of folks are hunting out of blinds down here. You might even find yourself using the wool. Depending on where you end up it does get cold down here!Not Idaho cold but 20 degrees isn't all that uncommon. With a hunting season that runs from July 31st to, I think Feb. up in the panhandle you will find a use for most everything at some point.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Nope, can't use any of those in Florida. Better just send all of your stuff to me and I will put it to good use here. Heck, I'll even pay for shipping!

I know, I know, I'm sounding like Charlie Lamb with the smart @$$ remarks. Sorry.

Seriously, I would keep all of your stuff like others have said.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline H-MANEOD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
What part of Florida?  I live in the panhandle and would keep all of those items.  Down in Central and South Florida, not sure.
Kurt Heitman
Retired USAF EOD 1989-2009
MADDOG
FEDORA

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Keep it and and you can come hunt NC with me in a few years.   :bigsmyl:  

Seriously though, you never know what hunting opportunities may pass your way. Keep all the stuff and sell after you can make that decision later as a Floridian.

And seriously, if anyone ever wants to hunt with me I'm an open invitation.

NC mountains get coooold in Dec and Jan.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
I'd keep it too.  Never know when you will get to hunt a cold tree or ground blind again.  I have heard of Florida getting frost in the Panhandle before.

As for Bud's invitation, That is a really seet offer, and I just might have to take you up on that in the future Bud.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
I'd keep it as well isn't it hard enough to get and even harder to get back usally.

Offline Axis Thinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Definitely keep the wool. It can be plenty cool in Jan & Feb, when there are still hunting ops. We do lots of hunting that involves a boat ride, frost, and wind. From the panhandle you will surely cross the border into Al, and could find teens in the am.  I still use my old Summit climbers, but if you get in the river swamps you will find trees that are too large for older style climbers. I keep a lone wolf just for that, but at 63, I still like a climber. What part of Fl?

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Keep all of it.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline rollin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Don't move! I moved here from Idaho and have regretted it ever since.

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
all of it is a keeper, with the exception of possibly the wool stuff... but like stated above, if you live anywhere near Pensacola, say Tallahasee and above, it can get dang cold.  On a humid day it gets dang cold in the mornings and 40F will freeze your butt off, especially if there is a breeze.  Feels like its gonna cut you in half up a nekkid pine tree.

Dave

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Satellite Beach is where my mom lives so I'm sure it's going to be real choose to there. I've never been there so not sure what to expect.
Bud thanks and may take you up on the offer. I was born in NC. Was stationed at Camp Lejuene later in life.
If anyone can make it to Idaho in November I can show you some awesome Mulies. Unit 39 if you want to check it out ahead of time.

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
Sorry I forgot to say thanks for all the input.

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
hey we were in Disney World in February and nearly froze our butts off, got down in 30's at night adn the wind was kickin.  I had jeans, long sleeve, tshirt, under shirt, and a hoodie on and was cold waiting for the buses to take us to the park.   You are close to Disney there, so you might keep the warm stuff, or just get some good thermals

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
KEEP IT.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
IMHO you should be so lucky to be able to move to Florida.  I'd love to have that problem.

My advice:

1.  Before you move buy a Lifetime Idaho license and hang on to your stuff so that if you make it back there to hunt you'll be supplied.

2.  Buy a 6-7 wt and an 8-9 wt fly rod, a few bite tippets, so Crazy Charlies, Sand Fleas and some Clousers.   The light rod is for the Pompano and the heavier is for the reds and specks.

3.  Thank God that you're being allowed to live in a state with no income tax.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©